• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Jersey Senate Race

Years
  • I was curious about people's thoughts about the New Jersey Senate race. You have the Democrat Bob Menendez and the Republican Bob Hugin running against each other in the General Election.

"In one poll previewing the November race, Menendez led Hugin 28 percent to 24 percent, with 46 percent undecided, in a Fairleigh Dickinson University poll of 856 registered voters taken May 16-21."

As the poll shows, there are many Americans who are undecided.

Bob Menendez has been in the Senate since 2006, and he is running for this third term in the Senate. The big issue at hand is the fact that Bob Menendez was involved in corruption in which he accepted bribes from a friend, and then pushed for laws that would help his friend. While the charges were later dropped, it still hasn't damped people's uneasiness with the whole affair.

On the other hand, you have the Republican Bob Hugin who is a businessman. Unlike other Republicans, he has many left-leaning views. For example, he is pro-choice, supports equal pay laws, supports same-sex marriage, and he is against separating children at the border. However, the big issue with him is what his company did.

"Drug prices: Menendez blasts Hugin's record at Celgene Corp., especially the company's increases in the price of cancer drugs, its efforts to thwart the production of cheaper generics, and a $280 million settlement of a whistleblower lawsuit alleging the firm improperly marketed some drugs."

https://www.northjersey.com/story/n...ections-2018-hugin-menendez-senate/654936002/

If Bob Hugin's company was not involved in those shady deals, I'm pretty sure he would beat Bob Menendez in the General Election.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I should probably try to look into information on them so I can try to make a remotely informed decision on election, although knowing me I'll at best procrastinate on it again and not do so until like the day before

hey, I have till November ok =(

Years
  • I should probably try to look into information on them so I can try to make a remotely informed decision on election, although knowing me I'll at best procrastinate on it again and not do so until like the day before

hey, I have till November ok =(

That's why I'm not worried, since there will likely be a debate.

Back