• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver English Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
Years
  • copy a/0/2/7 to msgdata/msg.narc after you load the nds file, then start editing. remember to put the file back before rebuilding.

also, minor update to 3a

Mmkay. Gonna patch to 3a.
    Update:
    Oh, are you adding names to the PokeNav?
    It's kinda hard to know whose calling. .___.

Shakugan

Flame Hair + Red Hot Eyes
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    When I tried to patch it with ver. 3a the patching finishes in less then one second and the patched file remains at 0 bytes... Anyone know how to fix that?

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    When I tried to patch it with ver. 3a the patching finishes in less then one second and the patched file remains at 0 bytes... Anyone know how to fix that?

Make sure you are putting the rom into a folder named "ROM". It only patches from there.

Shakugan

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    I did put it in there and i tried different cases for the name of the folder and it still doesn't work T.T

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Make sure that you've downloaded the latest .Net Framework, or whatever it was called. Though i don't have the link to it.

Shakugan

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    I did that too lol I don't think this game likes me very much o.O

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    I did that too lol I don't think this game likes me very much o.O

is it a .nds file? the bat file is made to copy any file with a .nds extension in the rom folder to a temp folder to begin patching.

Shakugan

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Well to begin with there was no .nds extension. Its just a nds file. I tried adding the extension but that didn't do anything either...

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2009
    If I use this new patch, can I use my old save and then it take effect dirrectly or I have to start a new game?
    It will take effect directly. The save file shouldn't have an impact as it is just an image of the state saved from the rom.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2009
    i have come across a problem with this new patch, whenever i try to open my pokegear the game goes black and a message comes up "Rom image has rashed". Any idea on how to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2009
    Magius, noticed something:

- Lure ball is named Poke ball.
    - Battle with Rival added "Couple" in front of Rival's name

/cheers

P.S. Using 3a.

NatureKeeper

Does the patch work for SoulSilver? It's not like I'm downloading something like that (I don't download NDS Roms), but I only see heartgold here.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2009
    Never mind i fixed it =)

Also minor detail but will you be translating the in battle status effect icons and move types?
    Great Job so far!

Years
  • I followed the video, but sometimes in game play it freezes.
    By the way, I'm playing it on my Ds.
    Do you know how i can fix this.:)
    Good job anyway! (Y)

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2009
    Does the patch work for SoulSilver? It's not like I'm downloading something like that (I don't download NDS Roms), but I only see heartgold here.
    I'm playing on SoulSilver. It works for both versions nontheless.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2009
    any one please help me im so rubbish with this stuff, i have the dsemu program i can run the souls silver rom i have but im using a mac so can put the English patch to my rom file.....Help please anyone, desperate to get playing. ' jezz adv 86 @ hotmail .com '

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2010
    rival is called young couple, the fire dudes are 'maid' XD and..one of them was double team...which was it...will tell you when I remember...on! The spiky yellow haired dudes.

can't wait for the next one! 8D would love to know what my pokemon say in time ;3 hehe

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    i have come across a problem with this new patch, whenever i try to open my pokegear the game goes black and a message comes up "Rom image has rashed". Any idea on how to fix this?
    Probably have some problem with the rom you downloaded. Try a new download from romulation.

It should work for both.

I followed the video, but sometimes in game play it freezes.
    By the way, I'm playing it on my Ds.
    Do you know how i can fix this.:)
    Good job anyway! (Y)
    It looks like you haven't downloaded the security patch.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2010
    where exactly do you get the security patch? People talk about it, but there are no links

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back