• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] POKEMON RIFT - All New Features!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 19, 2020
h4jVlmn.jpg

STORYLINE

In a region filled with despair and darkness, you are the one that shines. The war has torn the region and the hearts of the ones that live within.

THE REGION

CDbttuQm.jpg

The region of ?FJORD? has flourished for many centuries ruled by a King ? A representative of the Royal Family. FJORD was always known for its culture and diversity. People lived happily and peacefully without the care of what may lie outside. There was little to no advancement in the technological part in the region. People farmed and ate what they grew, celebrated festivals and life went on???? until then.

BREAKING POINT

The region of FJORD was ruled by King Tobias until his younger brother Tyranus overthrew the throne and claimed it for himself. Just a few days before the overthrow of the Kingdom, ?You? the main protagonist is born to Tyranus the younger brother of Tobias. You too have an elder brother named Gale. King Tobias figures out how his younger brother has been plotting to overthrow him. The night before Tobias was going to get overthrown he plans to flee the region before he gets killed. Before he leaves with some of his trusted allies he also decides to take Gale and Hyde/Haru(You) with him. Tobias and others migrate to an island south of FJORD. Meanwhile Tyranus claims the throne and becomes a king. He never tried to save Gale and Hyde/Haru from Tobias. He also imposed high taxes and thus forced the ?poor? to leave the FJORD. Everyone migrated to the island south of FJORD. The rich couldn?t care less about who was the king because it didn?t matter to them. King Tyranus brought technology into the region and changed it completely.

THE 3 FACTIONS
There are 3 factions fighting in the war of FJORD region.

RENEGADE KNIGHTS
Efu9aaCm.jpg

The Renegade Knights are a group of rebels led by Tobias. Renegade Knights were formed by Tobias when he fled to the South Island. They contain mostly of all the poor people that migrated to South Island. The admins of Renegade Knights are trained pokemon trainers from the capital of FJORD. Gale is also an admin of Renegade Knights.

DIVINE KNIGHTS

nD6lPr0m.jpg

The Divine Knights are the FJORDIAN ARMY. Typical capital soldiers but they are all good battlers. They mostly use Steel/Dragon type pokemon so they are very tough to defeat. You will mostly be fighting these knights. They don?t wear armor though (ironic I know).

SENSHI CLAN

There is another region west to Fjord. It?s very difficult to get to because there are several small islands you have to cross before you get there. Those small islands are constantly being fought on as to who will hold them. The other region is based on Japanese culture. The senshi clan members use dark type pokemon. The senshi clan doesn?t interrupt between the other 2 factions. They just don?t want their region to get caught up in this war. You?ll have to visit that region long before you think.

TEAM TECHNO

Team Techno is a typical evil organization of the game. They are hired by King Tyranus to take care of the technological advancements of FJORD. They have a very high budget to work on because of the King. But why are they so silent? Why won?t they walk on the ?taking over the world? path? Something Isn?t right here?

CHARACTERS

Will be updating as we go
tXza2fW.jpg

ZxNjKRT.jpg

Dq4MOzu.jpg

XjK8tG3.jpg

grqLwt4.jpg

FEATURES

- Over 200+ Fakemon
[ We have already designed 200+ fakemon and we might add even more! Also normal pokemon exist but not all. We will add specific pokemon from every generation so be sure to let us know what pokemon you want to see in our game. ]

- 2 Diverse regions to explore!
[ Of course we have "Fjord" and also we have "Shoto"(not jhoto). Shoto region is based on the japanese culture. Now we are taking a rather different approach here. "You" the main protagonist has to visit the Shoto region at one point in the main storyline, kinda similar to pokemon prism. ]

- Capture bases = Climb Ranks
[ Now the gym system has been modified to our new feature here. There are 8 bases that you capture during the main storyline. Bases are often held by the Divine Knights, each base you capture you get a new rank as a Renegade Knight. Bases act as pokemon center too(as you travel to islands owned by King Tyranus your pokemon won't be healed or can you anyway? Also gyms do exist but your motive is too large for you to get distracted...maybe postgame? ]

- "Perform" HMs
[ There is a spy school in Fjord, home to the greatest spies of Fjord(also Jaden). You can actually "learn" how to perform HMs in the spy school(Jaden's Favour to you), you can learn how to break, move rocks, cut trees, swim, dive(no dive sucks), fly(how can a kid fly? are you crazy? ]

- Mature story and incresed difficulty
[ The story is the main focus here, alot of story that is. Story may consist of deaths and mature language so no kids. The level cap is fairly difficult not too high(definitely not dark rising type) and the players mostly won't know the typing of the fakemon so that's another situation right there)

- Trainer Customization
[ You've lived a poor life and wore old clothes all your life. Finally you get to go out and explore, and get yourself new clothes. But you don't "'buy" clothes, you just steal them from the store(yeah that's a thing) ]

SCREENSHOTS

Please note that the game is still under development and the gameplay might change
ndSKmy6.jpg

VARcI8zl.jpg

NEED YOUR HELP!

Currently I'm the only one who is working on the game. I have people helping me create fakemon but i'm looking for people who can help me with developing story, spriting. programming, mapping - any of these. Just give me a PM or reply below

YOUTUBE TRAILERS

TRAILER 1
https://youtu.be/wYzhG79l6mc

TRAILER 2
https://youtu.be/qYsKCjYsL5w

TRAILER 3
https://youtu.be/lMvEoSLXhpU

CREDITS

Team:

NightFrost(Artist)
Chief(Artist)
Jamesmesin
Darkraidude
Edgestance
Adrianol(Artist)
Twime777(Artist)
Zephleit(Artist)
OGgenwunner(LogoArtist)

Pok?mon Essentials by:
Flameguru
Poccil (Peter O.)
Maruno

RPG maker XP
RPG maker VX ace

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 19, 2020
Well thanks! What can I say, we're planning the full story and every mission in detail. I don't want to release a demo yet as I don't want no plotholes but soon....

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2023
((Pokecommunity deleted my previous comment, oops. I'll just restate what I said!))

I think this game has a huge amount of promise and potential. The story is incredibly unique and interesting, alongside the characters as well. Overall, there's a lot of variety and I can't wait to see where this game goes with it all!

On the screenshots, I like the tilesets you are using as they look rather clean and sharp, but they are clashing with each other a bit, making it look out of place (such as the golden temple and the columns). There's a little error with the grass tiles in the first screenshot which is rupturing the repeating look.

This is really common in mapping, but make sure to fill in the open areas a bit more, especially in screenshot #2. With stuff like pathways, random patches of grass and trees, it makes an area look a bit more busy and larger than it actually is. You can shift the layout a bit more so it's less linear, and gives the player more breathing room to explore. The border trees can also be filled out so it looks more natural and boxes it in less.

Sorry for the criticism dump and stuff, but I feel like this game has a ton of potential and it can bring so much to the table!

I wish you the best of luck in this project. I'm not really the best game-maker around, but if you need help with anything I'd be more than happy to chip whatever I can in.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 19, 2020
Sorry for the late reply, I was visiting my home town and didn't have my laptop. So yeah thanks for the wishes and the criticism, they're both appreciated. As for the screenshots they're pretty old and I just don't feel like uploading new ones yet. Thanks for your wishes again and I hope you stick by.

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
Years
hiya. i wanted to help you with developing the game any way i can. i already worked on a project (pokemon re_imagined) so i know a thing or two about making games with rpg maker xp. also can i upload a let's play of this when a demo comes out?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 19, 2020
I would really appreciate it if you could help me with the game. I see you're quite skilled but my only question to you is this - Wouldn't it be tough for you to work on two games simultaneously?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 17, 2023
Wow, such a promising game with nice graphics. I especially like the idea of HM learning. Good luck for you. Will be waiting for a demo to be released.

sharzin

the biggest iranian pokemon fan
Years
I would really appreciate it if you could help me with the game. I see you're quite skilled but my only question to you is this - Wouldn't it be tough for you to work on two games simultaneously?

sorry for the late reply (cuz i haven't noticed it up until now!) but no. it wouldn't be a problem for me. i will be happy to help the community with anything i can.

Back