• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Switch for event

AskipLudo

The Masked Guy
Years
  • Hi again,

I wanted to make an event like in Leaf Green/Fire Red when you go visit Bill the police man in Cerulean City move to the right, but I don't understand what is wrong with what I did

First I made a switch called : Bill talk

2nd: I've put on Bill command list
    [Switch Bill talk] = on
    text
    text
    text
    Script to give item
    text
    text
    self switch = On

3rd: on the police man
    Conditional branch: Switch (Bill talk) = on
    Move event (police man) right
    self switch = on

end conditional branch

But when I talk to Bill and go to Cerulean City 1st the police man didn't moved, 2nd when i go in a building and go back outside the switch turn off and I have to talk to bill again.

Any help would be nice.

AskipLudo

The Masked Guy
    Years
  • Okay here we go:

o9AjMwW.png

Blank space is for text (and yes sorry it's in french) but I think the color for switch are same

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2021
    My suggestion would be to use two seperate events and a global switch. When Bill's not been talked to, the one blocking the way is visible. When Bill's been talked to, the one blocking the way is invisible and passable, while the other is visible.

Years
  • From the look of it, you are NOT using the switch B to change from 1st page to 2nd page, which is, based in what you are telling us, what you want.

1) In "contitions", uncheck "L'interrupteur local B" to none.
    2) Above it, in "L'interrupteur" click in " > " then choose the switch "Bill talk".

This is what you should use.

About self switch: You can only use "Self Switch" from within the event itself. You can't use it to modify other events even if they are in the same map. Local, in this case, means "the event you are using now", not the map you are modifing.

And global switch is the the switch appearing in "Control Switch" command.

Back