• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chikase Fortala

Trading Mannn
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2007
trying to hack a remake of yellow. i got pikachu on the bike with [player] but i still need to change the begging where your rival is getting his pokemon. i have 2 questions. 1 does anyone know how to get the pikachu sprite to follow you and too does anyone know how to change that begging sprict where your rival gets his pokemon. i need him to just stand there

You have to add pikachu to the overworld sprites..

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2018
yeah i did. i have him on the bike but i dont know how to make him follow you. unless you mean to add him behind the player. and i didnt really want to do that but i will. and do you know how to change the sprite for suf?

Years
A simple (maybe stupid) question but here it is:
How can I get the connections between maps right?

Because I now have A town and a route and another town and they go like this(GREEN)
But when I play it ingame it is like this (RED)
sfsaf.jpg

So the first connection between the route and the town is okay but then is goes wrong...
Somebody help please..:)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2018
i can help with that. connection manager, add a connection put what direction you want it to do to. then change map number to the map you want

Years
yes that I know but...I mean that the 2 exits of the map don't are connected so that if you go from the route to the town that you can't go trough because of the trees..
here is a screenshot..:
pokemon_brilliant0.png

Chikase Fortala

Trading Mannn
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2007
Its wise to have both maps you are connecting the same width or height so you can count how many blocks it starts and finishes.... Then you can increase your map size if need be.

Years
Its wise to have both maps you are connecting the same width or height so you can count how many blocks it starts and finishes.... Then you can increase your map size if need be.

Yes but it's an weird case it's as you can see in my other post (not the last one but the one before that...) becaus its a map next to a map or something...

Forget this question..fixed it already..:D

And here is another Q XD
I mad a tile and I want the player to walk over it but it doesn't do that it walks under it
(it is a stairs) I know what I have to change but I don't know in what I have to change it...help please..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
Uh, does anyone know why I can't edit the 'Elite 4 second round' on PET? The 2nd round is after you do the sevii-islands sidequests and the elite 4 goes up like 10 levels and has now jhoto pokemon.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Hex editor. Or when you import a sprite onto OWE, they ask if you want
to import palette. Check it.

Another way is with OWE, by looking at the bottom, you can see most of the sprites are palette 3. Valid palettes go from: 0, 3, 4, umm, 16, 20, 21(that is not all of them)

You can also go To VBA's OAM viewer, and it'll show the sprites, and it'll give you the palettes. Look for it in palette viewer, then through hex.

Did that answer your question?
-cooley

Yes but it's an weird case it's as you can see in my other post (not the last one but the one before that...) becaus its a map next to a map or something...

Forget this question..fixed it already..:D

And here is another Q XD
I mad a tile and I want the player to walk over it but it doesn't do that it walks under it
(it is a stairs) I know what I have to change but I don't know in what I have to change it...help please..
Well you put a Zero on the steps.

I am finally at 300 post's!!!!

My Question is:
If Prof.Oak is on Route 1, And You put him in his home, How will he perform two different things in two different places.

(He gives you a pokemon on route 1, then he tells you meet him at his house.
He disappears on Route 1 but when you go back to route 1 he is there again. Just
Like when you're playing Firered(no modifications) and you go to his house and he

Is not there, but when you go to route 1(first step) he appears, and he takes you to his lab. And he is there forever. Get what I'm trying to say?
Need a reply soon.

Last edited:

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Anybody know where to get trpet in english i've been searching for it only 1's i find are in spanish please help!!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
yung stunna said:
Anybody know where to get trpet in english i've been searching for it only 1's i find are in spanish please help!!

Do you mean PET? If so, it comes with the EliteMap installer...

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
I have a Problem with this script:
#org $Start
Lock
Faceplayer
setflag 0x332
setflag 0x333
checkflag 0x332
if b_True gosub $Nottalked
checkflag 0x333
if b_true gosub $Talkedonce
cry 248
end

#org $Nottalked
applymovement 0x0A $utropstecknet1
pausemove 0
return

#org $Talkedonce
applymovement 0x0A $runaway
pausemove 0
return

#org $runaway
#Binary 0x05 0x05 0x05 0x05 0x05 0x05 0x05

#org $utropstecknet1
#Binary 0x56 0x00 0x46

Why cant I get this script working?

The first moving works (turnig around, show [!] and jump)
but then the game freezes ...WHAT IS WRONG ? :(

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Like He said A-Text. Or You can use the multi-script and edit it.(Which I bet you have no clue About) so NM that.

I know this is not a help for emulator but I try to view palletes using VBA but the both the Map and the OAM viewers are disabled. How can I enable it?
You Open a Rom......xD.........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back