• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    That Cyndaquil icon looks strange... And shouldn't there be a way to see what moves the Pokémon has?

Otherwise, it looks very nice :D

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Although Cyndaquil looks a bit strange thats ubah! I mean wow it even has mouse control. Hot diggity its awsome. And uh would that be part of the starter battle system for sphere that you might make ^_^;;

Waudby

i'm not sure why the icon looks so strange, i'll try using some other icons. To view the pokemon's moves you click the next button and it's shows moves etc

i'm not sure why the icon looks so strange, i'll try using some other icons. To view the pokemon's moves you click the next button and it's shows moves etc

Last edited:

Waudby

The icons have all been fixed now thanks to a little help from the automate function in photoshop :P

i'm now working on the moves window, you can view the pokémon's individual moves and click them to get more details, like name, power, pp, accuracy, and a description.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Yeah, the release packs will still become available at some point, I'm not sure exactly how i'll make them available yet, maybe some sort of special event type thing.

screenshot%202008.12.01%2016.27.05.0753.png

Quick surprise update, the new (still partially unfinished) pokémon selection screen in battle.

The screen looks great!!! Plus I don't see whats wrong with the icon???

Waudby

Well the icon's border was a bit messed up because of transparency I'm guessing, so i've fixed them all now.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Dunno what everyone is going on about :p I think the level up screen is cute :3 Job well done on it, Waudby~ The only thing I can notice that is a bit strange is the Cyndaquil OW on the left, it just seems jpeg or something :x But otherwise, it's lovely and quite innovative looking :D

I hope to see some more soon x3

Edit: Oh, and I went ahead and made you a Userbar :3 I know it's not the best, I tried a few new things, but hopefully you like it :D

OdesseyUserBar-1.gif

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I like that user-bar Krimm. Looks a bit more interesting then the usual userbars. I'm going to use this one to show my support for this game.
    Good luck as always Waudby.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Oh ok I see what whats wrong.

Thx Krimm for the user bar, looks really neat!

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Yeah, the release packs will still become available at some point, I'm not sure exactly how i'll make them available yet, maybe some sort of special event type thing.

screenshot%202008.12.01%2016.27.05.0753.png

Quick surprise update, the new (still partially unfinished) pokémon selection screen in battle.

Holy crap, thats awesome!!

It's great to me. I love that the cyndaquil is over a little pokeball!!

Waudby

Thanks for the user bar Krimm, I really like it :D

Each pokemon that is in your party will have their icon shown over the pokeballs, and to view that pokémon's details you just click their icon/pokeball and the screen on the right will change to show the new stuff.

I just wanted something a little bit different instead of entirely recreating the D/P battle system with just one screen :P

and just as a small teaser :P

screenshot%202008.12.03%2012.53.40.0155.png

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Wow~
    Its cute.
    I really like the saturated style.
    And the fakemon look so cute.
    Keep it up!

Waudby

on a side topic, for everyone wanting to learn how to use Sphere, I have started a new thread;

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=161927

I have got a (currently) small starter kit, that demonstrates some of the parts people have problems with. It's only an hours worth of work and will be updated the more people post and ask me.

Waudby

He is Exploso, the dynamite Pokémon, and evolves into Dynamight, at level 16.

Exploso is a fire type Pokémon, and Dnyamight is a fire and fighting type.

You'll hear of these more later :P

Waudby

the fire starters and all other starters have a more traditional feel to them, they wont just be random objects turned into Pokémon :P

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Ok then sorry for making such a stupid rant. Anway hmm it is intresting and i cannot wait to see more. So who is psriting for you? Or do you do it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back