• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

need help dark pokemon team

gamefan1

Mystery Trainer
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    These are the guys I want to use for my dark team. I just want a little input on what works and what doesn't.Cause i want to start a new dark pokemon clan Xd so if i wan tto be the leader i need a strong team so please help me XD

Absol
    Ability: Super Luck
    EV: Attack, Speed
    Moves:

Perish Song
    Night Slash
    Psycho Cut
    Sucker Punch

Drapion
    Ability: Sniper
    EV: Attack, Defense
    Moves:

Toxic Spikes
    Aerial Ace
    Night Slash
    Cross Poison

Umbreon
    Ability: Synchronize
    EV: Defense, Sp. Defense
    Moves:

Moonlight
    Baton Pass
    Curse
    Payback

Weavile
    Ability: Pressure
    EV: Attack, Speed
    Moves:

Ice Punch
    Night Slash
    Shadow Claw
    brick break

Crawdaunt
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    EV: Attack, Defense
    Moves:

Crabhammer
    Night Slash
    Aerial Ace
    Swords Dance

Honchkrow
    Ability: Super Luck
    EV: Attack, HP
    Moves:

Sucker Punch
    Night Slash
    Drill Peck
    thunder wave

Houndoom
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EV: Sp. Attack, Speed
    Moves:

Flamethrower
    Nasty Plot
    hidden power (psychic)
    Dark Pulse

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What natures do your Pokemon have? What are their items?

Absol: It's too frail to use Perish Song, and your opponent can always switch to escape its effects. Superpower should go in the last slot. Give it a Focus Sash and make it Adamant.

Drapion: An interesting one. I think that a Swords Dance set would be good:
    -Swords Dance
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Aqua Tail
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
    Ability: Sniper

Umbreon: That set could work, but you're doing the EVs wrong. It should be 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef. Give it Leftovers.

Weavile: Shadow Claw is redundant with Night Slash. Ice Shard can go in its place to pick off weakened opponents. It's screwed badly by Scizor, though, so I'd replace it with Spiritomb, thanks to its lack of weaknesses:
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Calm Mind
    -Dark Pulse
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

Crawdaunt: Move its Defense EVs into Speed. Replace Swords Dance with Dragon Dance and make its nature Adamant or Jolly. Crabhammer is a bit shaky on accuracy, so you can go with Waterfall if you want. Give it Leftovers or Life Orb.

Honchkrow: It's screwed badly by Steels, so replacing Night Slash and Thunder Wave with Heat Wave and Superpower helps it deal with them. Make its nature Naughty or Naive and make its EVs 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe. Give it Life Orb.

Houndoom: Change its Hidden Power type to Grass so it can deal with bulky Waters. Make it Timid and give it the Life Orb.

Back