• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Script for player levelling system?

Mewnair

Aka Regular Goat
Years
  • Hey it's me again, that annoying little blip on the game making radar.
    I've got another question today, but I gotta quickly explain something.
    I'm making a Pokémon/Monster Hunter crossover fangame.
    In Monster Hunter, hunters have 'Hunter Ranks' ('HR').
    Breakdown of that here:
    Spoiler:

Basically, my question is, is it possible to implement Hunter Ranks (and maybe also G-Rank) into the game, and make certain events trigger at certain HRs? (eg a legendary encounter becoming available at HR8 or a vender selling evo stones unlocking at HR 6, or a new area of the game filled with challenging trainers unlocking upon reaching G-Rank, etc)
    It would make it a tad more faithful to the source material I'm working with.

Thank you <3

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2021
    To answer your question: Yes.
    To answer your question to the best of my ability: Yes, but it would probably involve a lot of conditional scripting of map events.

Are you still using badges? If not, the easiest would probably be to have each HR be a badge (internally, at least).

Back