• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Game: Pokemon Ruby
Script editor: XSE
Script type: Person event

screenhunter01feb241056.gif

I am trying to edit the script of your rival in Oldale town, after you battle him/her for the first time. I've changed the text of what they say, but now I need to make him/her move to the right, rather than down. I tried changing all of the #raw 0x8 'Step Down (Normal) to #raw 0x8 'Step Right (Normal), and compiling the script. But if I go back to editing it again, it goes right back to being 'Step Down (Normal), no matter how much I try to change it. I'm guessing that I'm probably making some silly mistake. Anyways, as you can see in the picture above, I want the rival to move to the right, jump over that ledge, and leave the map. I'll post the entire script below.
Also, I was wondering if there would be anyway to remove the option to play as a girl in the game. Any way to exclude the gender option from the introduction, so you must play as a boy, like in the older generation games.

Thanks in advance for your help! I'd prefer if you send your help via PM, because I think I'd have trouble finding it here. Your help is much appreciated.

Spoiler:

You have to change the number, not the wording. For "step right" you use #raw 0x13.

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
Do you have flag 828 already set?
Oh, that was the problem. xD
Thank you. ^^

Okay, I have another problem...
XSE, FireRed, trainer script with movement:

Code:
#dynamic 0x803E7E

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x0 0x001 0x0 @before @after
end

#org @before
msgbox @1 0x6
end

#org @after
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x10 @end
end

#org @1
= Hey!\nStop there!

#org @2
= We will meet again...

#org @end
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
end

The trainer says something like ''Ó ÉA!'' and after you've defeated him, he doesn't walk away...

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Oh, that was the problem. xD
Thank you. ^^

Okay, I have another problem...
XSE, FireRed, trainer script with movement:

Code:
#dynamic 0x803E7E

#org @start
trainerbattle [b]0x1[/b] 0x001 0x0 [b]@1 @2 @after[/b]
end

[b]#org @after
applymovement 0x10 @end
end[/b]

#org @1
= Hey!\nStop there!

#org @2
= We will meet again...

#org @end
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
[b]#raw 0xfe[/b]
end

The trainer says something like ''Ó ÉA!'' and after you've defeated him, he doesn't walk away...

For trainerbattle 0x0, the @after is the defeated text, so it's trying to say what you scripted there. For a script that executes itself after the battle use 0x1 instead - some sorta changes in bold. Also, make sure the applymovement # is the same as the person event #, and that you're converting it to hex. 10 is 0xA in hex.

videoman

I'm no hero. And never was.
Years
Hi there! I have a rather good question...I am in the process of making a game hack and have run into a couple of questions. So here they are: Is it possible to making a event script that can change the structure of the map? Like if at one point in the game you can not cross a bridge because it is broken in the middle...but later on you can cross it because it has been fixed. and also...is it possible to make a map under water? Like you are in a underwater building and you can see fish Pokemon swimming around. Like you are in a Aquarium that is underwater and you are walking in a tube. can that be done? Also for those of you who have played: Pokemon Shiny Gold....is it possible to improve the Magnet Train scene? Like if you open the the map in Advance map, you will notice that the train actually never moves in the game, it just looks like it. On a side note for the train...can you make a scene that two trains are running along side each other and people are hopping from one train to yours? People like Team Rocket? and then they stop the train. Sorry if i am asking a lot but, i was just wondering if all of this can be done through scripting?
Thanks

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
For trainerbattle 0x0, the @after is the defeated text, so it's trying to say what you scripted there. For a script that executes itself after the battle use 0x1 instead - some sorta changes in bold. Also, make sure the applymovement # is the same as the person event #, and that you're converting it to hex. 10 is 0xA in hex.
Thank you very much! :D

But if I want to make the trainer disappear after applymovement...? And he will never be there again.

Shukumei

Teh Haxxorz
Years
Hmm...setflag 0x??? (Which number?) in #org @start and then I put the setflag number on a Person ID?

Exactly. Look in Advancemap to find the person ID of the sprite you want to make vanish. (e.g. 004) Then just set that flag and away they go! (setflag 0x004) and if you ever want them back just clear the flag. (clearflag 0x004)

tinix

PearlShipper & C Programmer
Years
Game: fire red
editor: PKSV
script:
Spoiler:

I have there applymovement after trainerbattle but it doesnt execute how can i get it to work ? (other parts work)

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
Exactly. Look in Advancemap to find the person ID of the sprite you want to make vanish. (e.g. 004) Then just set that flag and away they go! (setflag 0x004) and if you ever want them back just clear the flag. (clearflag 0x004)
Okay, thanks! :D
But how do I know which People ID the event have? 'Cuz now it says 0000. :S

Years
  • Age 33
  • OZ
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Game: fire red
editor: PKSV
script:
Spoiler:

I have there applymovement after trainerbattle but it doesnt execute how can i get it to work ? (other parts work)

Is the person event no. of the person you're applying the movement to number 3?

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
8001? That's kinda high number =)
If I'm right then 7FFF is maximum value for flag with expanded ROM and 3FFF with the normal one.

haha yes, I think you're right. I was just throwing out a 4 digit number out there. I start my flags at 0x1200.

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
Can anybody tell why in the world the first badge keeps getting set whenever I use this script?

I'm not using that flag at all, but no matter how much i change the script it still sets the first badge. I've deleted and remade the scripts spots and everything.

Spoiler:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
8001? That's kinda high number =)
If I'm right then 7FFF is maximum value for flag with expanded ROM and 3FFF with the normal one.

No... Flags area 0x1 - 0x3FFF. No matter if the ROM is expanded or not, obviously.

Can anybody tell why in the world the first badge keeps getting set whenever I use this script?

I'm not using that flag at all, but no matter how much i change the script it still sets the first badge. I've deleted and remade the scripts spots and everything.

Spoiler:

You know, trainerbattle 0x1 is meant for gym leaders.

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Ok this is a problem I have never seen before... I have this simple battle script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x802FDE

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x0 0x21 0x0 @before @after
msgbox @later 6
end

#org @before
= You're almost there!\nBut first, you have to face my\lalmight dragon POKéMON!

#org @after
= It looks like my dragon wasn't\nenough...

#org @later
= You're so close to the GYM LEADER now!\nJust find the way and hope you\ldon't lose!

But when the battle is over, I have control over some other person event on the screen. I don't think it's a script error but I sure as hell don't know how to fix it... Can somebody tell me whats wrong?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Ok this is a problem I have never seen before... I have this simple battle script:
Spoiler:

But when the battle is over, I have control over some other person event on the screen. I don't think it's a script error but I sure as hell don't know how to fix it... Can somebody tell me whats wrong?

indeed it's not caused by your script. It's a very well-known annoying error/bug that happens when you changed the position/direction of where an NPC is...
Try and change the unknown values(in A-Map) of the person that you control, and if it still doesn't fix it, then change the direction of where that NPC is facing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back