• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Expanded Pokemon registers as Rattata

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 16, 2018
Hello PC. It's been a while since I posted a thread here. So the title explains my problem.

I expanded the Pokedex in Fire Red using G3HS and every time I catch one of the expanded mons, it displays Rattata's Dex Entry. Could it be possible to display the actual dex entry of the expanded Pokemon?

Thank you for your answer.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
You'll need to expand the habitat list to get the new Pokedex entries to show up when registering a new Pokemon. G3HS doesn't do this automatically (it's also buggy and not being developed further, so you should probably use PGE instead), so you'll have to do it by hand with a hex editor.

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
Years
You'll need to expand the habitat list to get the new Pokedex entries to show up when registering a new Pokemon. G3HS doesn't do this automatically (it's also buggy and not being developed further, so you should probably use PGE instead), so you'll have to do it by hand with a hex editor.

true but PGE is even worse, since once you use with PGE it messes up capability of using the rom in other editors, unless you edit the ini ofcourse

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
true but PGE is even worse, since once you use with PGE it messes up capability of using the rom in other editors, unless you edit the ini ofcourse

I wouldn't say PGE is worse just because it requires you to edit an ini file. G3HS doesn't even expand the dex properly, while PGE does, and PGE also has quite a few features that G3HS lacks. There's really no reason to use G3HS at all.

Bela

Banned
Years
I recommend doing this by hand myself.

While it may seem like a hassle and really intimidating, hex editing the habitat list is actually pretty easy, provided you know what your Pokemon's index values are. I would refer to this tutorial if you need some specific guidance on how to do this.

I've been really leery of using PGE/G3HS for anything besides expanding the evolution tree. Otherwise, I use G3T for all my 'mon editing needs!

Last edited:
Back