• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum Team Help/Critique

Years
  • Hi Folks!

I want to ask you all what you think of this team. I am playing on Platinum right now and I have just completed all the Reverse World stuff and on my way to the last gym. I will put the moves I have on them right now; however, I have not really used many TMs yet (only a couple) and I don't plan to until getting to the E4. I do appreciate any ideas for what TMs to teach them because that'd be a great help! I don't really care about natures during play throughs so I won't list them :)

Abomasnow - Lvl 40 - Snow Warning - Male
    - Wood Hammer
    - Bullet Seed
    - Ice Shard
    - Ingrain

Gastrodon - Lvl 41 - Sticky Hold - Male
    - Hidden Power Ice
    - Water Pulse
    - Mud Bomb
    - Surf

Houndoom - Lvl 41 - Flash Fire - Female
    - Fire Fang
    - Faint Attack
    - Payback
    - Strength

Bronzong - Lvl 40 - Levitate - No Gender
    - Extrasensory
    - Grass Knot
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball

Empoleon - Lvl 40 - Torrent - Male
    - Peck
    - Aqua Jet
    - Brine
    - Rock Climb

Staraptor - Lvl 43 - Intimidate - Male
    - Endeavour
    - Aerial Ace
    - Fly
    - Close Combat

Thanks guys!!!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Houndoom isn't made to be a physical sweeper. You should give it special moves instead, like Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, and Shadow Ball. Also Nasty Plot for boosting.

Since your Gastrodon has Surf, it doesn't really need Water Pulse IMO. You should give it something like Recover instead (or Strength if you don't want an HM slave). Also, replace Hiden Power with Ice Beam if you can.

MasterMedicham

A Medicham full of wisdom
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2016
    You don't have any electric type and if you want to have it I would recommend you to shift Bronzong to Luxray. It's strong and can learn many physical attacks :)

Years
  • Okay so I finally got past the Elite 4 and Champion. They have to be the hardest E4 and C in all the games although the bug was pretty easy with stealth rock haha. Their movesets are mental for in-game.

I knew Houndoom is meant to be a special sweeper - I just didnt have the TMs available to me at the time to make it special.

This is how they ended up looking :)

Abomasnow - Lvl 54 - Snow Warning - Male
    - Wood Hammer
    - Giga Drain
    - Ice Shard
    - Avalanche (didn't see the point in missing Blizzard and he's slow enough to pull this move off)

Gastrodon - Lvl 56 - Sticky Hold - Male
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Dig (yes I know Dig is two turn but it sure got me round sun powered Solar Beaming Rapidash)
    - Surf

Houndoom - Lvl 54 - Flash Fire - Female
    - Flamethrower
    - Dark Pulse
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb

Bronzong - Lvl 51 - Levitate - No Gender
    - Faint Attack (had no need for psychic moves really on this thing)
    - Grass Knot
    - Stealth Rock
    - Trick Room

Empoleon - Lvl 51 - Torrent - Male
    - Shadow Claw
    - Waterfall
    - Brine
    - Flash Cannon

Staraptor - Lvl 55 - Intimidate - Male
    - Endeavour
    - Brave Bird
    - Fly
    - Close Combat

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For Bronzong, I'd recommend replacing Faint Attack with Gyro Ball, if you could. Latter deals damage depending on how slow Pokémon is, and generally, Bronzong is quite slow. If you ever do have the chance, you should probably consider placing Garchomp or Salamence somewhere on your team; after they get their stats boosted, they'd be able to take down nearly any Elite Four member, and even Champion herself.

Everything else is looking good, in my opinion!

Back