• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Aretha Franklin

Years
  • Aretha Franklin passed away today at age 76. She obviously lived a full life and had a legendary career so I wanted to make this thread about her.

Are you a fan of Aretha's music? Which songs in particular do you enjoy of hers?

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Although much of her music was before my time, but I do quite enjoy quite a bit of her music. She definitely was legendary and it's quite sad she's passed on now. Such talent, such a posh attitude. The inspiration she has given to the divas of today. Timeless hits such as Respect, Natural Woman, and Jump are favorites of mine.

Can we talk about how legendary this performance was? Absolutely love it <3

Last edited:
    Years
  • Although much of her music was before my time, but I do quite enjoy quite a bit of her music. She definitely was legendary and it's quite sad she's passed on now. Such talent, such a posh attitude. The inspiration she has given to the divas of today. Timeless hits such as Respect, Natural Woman, and Jump are favorites of mine.

Can we talk about how legendary this performance was? Absolutely love it <3

Posh attitude? Go and listen to her albums, watch her interviews and look at her life. lol

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Only really knew her from her guest stint on the Blues Brothers movie(which was really good). To quote my Grandfather she's a bit of a "Screamer" but she definitely put her heart and soul into everything she did. I don't think she quite could match the high notes like Whitney(Houston) could but she was still a really talented singer. Many say it was too soon for her to leave but she was 76. God help me if I ever live beyond that since my quality of life will probably suck.

Back