• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen [Updated] Starting Leaf Green

Years
  • I did like kicking Giovanni's butt. He had an Onix...I wanted it!

I'll probably get a chance to play a little tomorrow, if not then it'll be Monday.

Years
  • So here's today's update!:

-Got past the sleeping Snorlax.

-Got the better fishing rod...though I still can't catch anything.

-Fought like a zillion trainers on the routes after that....so many trainers...

-Got to the town with the ninja gym leader.

-Beat the ninja gym leader.

-Tried the Safari Zone game and totally lost all my pokeballs on a Rhydon that I didn't catch. I had no idea what I was doing...

-Wartortle evolved into Blastoise. I caught an Oddish, and a Snorlax. I got my Ghastly to evolve into a Haunter.

I stopped playing for the day after my failed Safari Zone game. So as of now I've got five badges. I haven't seen Derek in a while...which is good, I was getting sick of running into him every five minutes!

Years
  • -Got past the sleeping Snorlax.

-Tried the Safari Zone game and totally lost all my pokeballs on a Rhydon that I didn't catch. I had no idea what I was doing...

-Wartortle evolved into Blastoise. I caught an Oddish, and a Snorlax. I got my Ghastly to evolve into a Haunter.

The sleeping Snorlax is one of the most iconic moments of the early games for me. Still sticks with me. The Safari Zone on the other hand always annoyed me. The catching game was just too unpredictable.

Cograts on the Blastoise! You always feel like a boss when you get that starter to its 3rd evolution.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2018
    So here's today's update!:

For the Safari Zone you get 3 options, Ball, Bait, or Rock. Throwing Bait makes a Pokemon harder to catch, but increases the odds they don't run. Throwing Rocks makes a Pokemon easier to catch, but increases the odds that they run away. Personally, I think you should Ditch Arbok (Terrible stats and pure poison types aren't that good overall) and replace it with Oddish(A poison type like Arbok but also a grass type).

P.S Not sure if you caught Snorlax or Not. If Not, there is another one to the left of Celadon city(Lvl 35). They are the only 2 in the game, make sure you catch one!
    Have Fun!

Years
  • Thanks for the information guys! I'm going to try and catch some of the pokemon in the Safari Zone next time I play because when I looked up the list of which ones were there, there's a lot of cool ones. I won't spend too much there though as I think I'm going to end up playing Leaf Green too, I might be a little more thorough during that play through so I don't want to get too tied down during this one.

Also, yes, I did catch the Snorlax! I was happy that he was a male, it's bring some much needed gender equality to my lineup!{XD} I'm not sure what I left my current lineup as, I don't remember if I swapped out Arbok yet or not. If I didn't I'll probably be retiring it, as I'll most likely fill my lineup with what I get from the Safari Zone. If I end up keeping a space open though I'll swap in Oddish for what Arbok's spot was.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I played more (finally) yesterday and today. This was going to be a lengthy update but with what I did today I'm able to sum it up fast.
    -Got all 8 badges!

So now it looks like I'm just about ready to wrap this up this week. I'll probably go on to start Leaf Green next week. More details on that later though...

Years
  • Alright! You're one step closer to battling Blue! I'd start Leaf Green soon as you were done with Fire Red! No harm in being the best that ever was, right? Break a leg!

Years
  • I finished a few days ago! I'm going to start leaf green later on next week. Not sure what to do with this topic now that it's over...

Years
  • Have you completed all of the post game stuff on the Sevii Islands as well? Either way, you could always use this thread for your Leaf Green run as well- just let me know and I can update the title for you.

Years
  • Have you completed all of the post game stuff on the Sevii Islands as well? Either way, you could always use this thread for your Leaf Green run as well- just let me know and I can update the title for you.
    That sounds great, if you could update the title for me that'll work just fine. I'll probably start a play through later this week or early next week.

You should absolutely make more topics about your journey's! This was very fun to read, and I'd love to see how you go through Emerald or Crystal or something!
    Thanks! I'm happy to hear somebody enjoyed it. I'm going to do my Leaf Green playthrough next. After that I'll probably move on to Soul Silver and Heart Gold (once I get that one).

Years
  • I changed the title to reflect the new plan, going to be starting Leaf Green soon! I may start it either Friday or Monday. When I do I'll update this thread with how things started out!

Years
  • No ideas yet. I plan on swapping out team members fairly often to give it variety but I might abandon that plan if the leveling gets too time consuming. The only thing I'm set on is choosing a different starter. This time I'm going with Charmander.

Back