• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where is the Damage calculated

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Where EXACTLY is the battle damage calculated in the scripts?
    Like when a Bulbasaur attacks a Weedle and the Weedle loses x amount of HP... I need to know exactly where this "x" amount is calculated and what it's saved to. Thanks.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    PokeBattle_Move, def pbCalcDamage. I know it's an odd place to put the damage calculation for a move used in a Pokémon battle, but I don't make the rules.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    lol, the thing is, I searched pbcalcdamage... It came up with nothing... I searched pbCalcDamage and it came up, I don't quite understand the difference besides caps but it found it nonetheless... But before you commented here, I PM'd Nickalooose and she told me where to find it lol.

My next question was going to be a silly one, so this is my thanks to Nickalooose for creating my new move and it's effects. (this question would've linked with my original question)

I have taken over her older game while shes away modelling, so I'm not quite up to scratch with all her new codes she added lol, her games' codes are totally different to the unmodified version, but she also told me that if I needed help with finding things, you'd pop up with the answer lol. And you did. You might be seeing a lot more of me around here.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Glad I could be of service. I hope my game is coming a long well ;) I've got 5 minutes to spare so I'll take a look around this community I think, see if I can help people with anything, while I'm about. You'll have to send me our game soon so I can check it out. Maybe even make a thread here and showcase it. PM me if you need anything.

Back