• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Rainbow

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    sp1_new.png.71ab4ec8814bb02010475aee768b054f.png

Pokémon Rainbow!

Introduction
    A fangame made with Pokémon Essentials, with a focus on exploring expansive routes, getting to know colorful characters (and yourself) and whatever silly features I can think of. Find and train rare Rainbow Pokémon with unique and powerful abilities to defeat the seven Arc Angels and stop the plans of Team Spectrum while you're at it. The Prisma Region is waiting for you!

You can download the game here.

Features

• Certain Pokémon have received Rainbow forms with completely new abilities!
    • Instead of Gym leaders, fight Arc Angels with color-based teams!
    • No HMs needed! Instead, you can use a wide variety of moves and abilities to get through the obstacles in your way
    • Other Quality of Life features like a portable box system
    • Gen 8 Pokémon, moves and abilities
    • Routes full of hidden corners and caves to reward eager explorers!
    • Unlock special abilities by developing your character's personality
    Story
    When you wake up in the ruins of an abandoned island, your brain is a blank page. The only thing you have is a burning, inexplicable need to collect the Arcs, the marks of success in the Prisma Region. So, you set out on that journey, quickly finding a starter and a kid eager to call themself your rival. Soon, you cross paths with Team Spectrum, an organisation that seeks to put Rainbow Pokémon above all others.
    As you grow stronger and get more and more deeply entangled in their plans, you'll need to team up with the Arc Angels to defend the Region. And meanwhile, in the back of your head, questions remain: Where do you come from? Who is that clown that seems to follow you around?
    And who are you?

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Progress
    My current intention is for the game to have 10 Arcs, seven for the Arc Angels, 2 for the rest of the league and 1 for postgame things. This current release includes the first three Arcs.

Changelog
    Arc 4 is released! Redownload the full game to get it.

If you have questions, think you found a bug or just want to talk about the game, I recommend coming over to the Discord server! I'm usually not great at keeping up with forum threads, so that's the fastest and most reliable way to contact me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Found out some of the more recent changes hadn't carried over to this version, so here's a little patch that should fix things. The full game download has also been updated.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2022
    Hey Cervys, nice game! I'm really enjoying it so far. Having a debug option in a game you can just activate is also quite interesting.. lol but i have a question. I did the volbeat puzzle on route 3, what was that suppose to do? Does this have to do with rotom? Where do we run into rotom? is it that weird magic town in the enchanted forest? thanks!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Hey Cervys, nice game! I'm really enjoying it so far. Having a debug option in a game you can just activate is also quite interesting.. lol but i have a question. I did the volbeat puzzle on route 3, what was that suppose to do? Does this have to do with rotom? Where do we run into rotom? is it that weird magic town in the enchanted forest? thanks!

I'm glad you're enjoying it! To be totally honest, that debug NPC was only there for the testers and I didn't notice until now that I forgot to take it out again...

If you completed the Volbeat puzzle, you should've noticed a door opening up that lets you enter the Luminous Temple. There's a few unique things to get inside of it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2022
    I'm glad you're enjoying it! To be totally honest, that debug NPC was only there for the testers and I didn't notice until now that I forgot to take it out again...

If you completed the Volbeat puzzle, you should've noticed a door opening up that lets you enter the Luminous Temple. There's a few unique things to get inside of it.

Oh i didn't notice a cave opened up! i explored in there and beat the legendary dog apparitions and broke the rocks they were defending to lift the barrier but the barrier is still up, this gate is blocking the room where the dog apparitions reside. Am i missing something to open the gate?

Years
    • Seen today
    Yo, this game's AWESOME

I finished the 3rd act now and tried to get the secrets and stuff, so I think I'm done with this game for the time being.

1 ) The Good Stuff:
    The writing is really good. First, it touches on themes that poke games normally don't, and I like that. It touches on gender identity, transgenderism, classism, disfunctional families - and it does all (until now) in a real, believable way, with the addition of being (mostly) lighthearted.
    The concept of Rainbow pokes is really good and their placing in the world (having to find them, rather than cacthing them) is a good reward for players that like exploration - also, the exploration in general feels well reawarded. =)
    Also, good selection of non-rainbow pokes.
    Some fights were really HARD, but none of them felt impossible. To me the worst was the
    Spoiler:
    The music is awesome. There's a smoothing mcgrooving vibe xD
    YOU GAVE A USE TO FLASH. THAT'S AWESOME.
    There's a speed up button. (Wish all games had).

2) The critics
    I decided to stick with the Rainbow pokes, so my team is basically made of them. But I think that if I had chosen to use "normal" pokes I would run into the problem of only having poke balls. Since there are no gym leaders I thought the shops would change their items based on the Arch Angels you defeated... but it doesn't, up until now. So I can't even buy Great Balls and I think that it would be hard to catch new pokes now if I wanted to, cause I only have normal poke balls available for buying.
    There was a certain lack of items to hold, like berrys and such (not a super problem).
    The Rainbow Pokes evolve at the same level as their non rainbow counterparts, right? So there's no problem with pokes that evolve by level; but I don't know in which level I'm supposed to evolve my
    Spoiler:
    cause I don't know
    a) when they'll stop learning moves
    b) if their evolution, like it's non rainbow counterpart, stops learning moves.
    There were some bugs here and there (I detailed them in the discord) - but that's to be expected =)

3) The future
    I'll definitly be playing the full version (or next version) when it comes out =)
    Can't wait to have
    Spoiler:
    and
    Spoiler:
    so I can explore even more.

TLDR: Rainbow is an awesome game, go play it.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Thank you very much for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope I can keep expanding on the positive parts.

I thought the shops would change their items based on the Arch Angels you defeated... but it doesn't, up until now
    You're right, that's an oversight. I'll definitely add some better items to the later shops.

a) when they'll stop learning moves
    b) if their evolution, like it's non rainbow counterpart, stops learning moves.
    The movesets of Rainbow pokémon are exactly equal to their regular counterparts, meaning you can just look those up and apply them to your mons. The same is true for evolutions, meaning Rainbow Nidorina evolves via Moon Stone just like it always has.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Hey everyone, got a ton of great feedback a bit ago, so the game is now updated with a lot less bugs, some updated dialogue and graphics and a few changes to rainbow abilities. It's probably a good idea to download it!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    Arc 4 has been released! It's a pretty big update so be sure to check it out if you're interested.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2022
    are there more audino trainers? im up to route 3 and keep getting killed by trainers and the exp grind is exhausting.

Back