• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The official Pokemon Sun/Moon Thread

MartynL

Game Programmer!
Years
  • Yo peeps! Im making my own game and i'd like to know how to set your own options on pause screen for example:

Item, Pokedex, Status, Pokemon, save, exit and quit game.

Plz help! By the way the name of my game is Pokemon Sunshine and if anyone could make or send me a good title screen that'll b great and i'll add you in the credits!

Cheers!

MartynL

Game Programmer!
    Years
  • ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sorry wrong area! ill put it in rm2k help

Soz Pokebuddy

Pokebuddy

Pokemon Sun/Moon Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    Hey guys , sorry that i have not been posting. My browser was reseted so i couldnt get in this forum! Anyways, my game has no pokedex :( but it will give the info on each pokemon, also i wont be
    adding all the pokemon, but some will be left out. Well, peace out guys.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • My game's not going to have them all either. It's virtually impossible to custom code each and every one in (how many are there now? 100000000000000000000???) to my CBS.

Years
  • DarkMage31 said:
    My game's not going to have them all either. It's virtually impossible to custom code each and every one in (how many are there now? 100000000000000000000???) to my CBS.

It isnt impossible, but it will take a long time to make them though.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • long time? LONG TIME?????? We're talking like a millenia! Okay, maybe I'm exagerating. But everyone is willing to put a certain ammount of work into a game, and I'm not going to spend every waking minute for the next twenty years programming a CBS. No siree, not me!

Years
  • Yeah, pokemon Ruby/Sapphire will probably be outdated by then anyway. Like what I did, Spent about 2 yrs on programming and then found out I needed to update my chip&charasets. By the way, does anybody have Pokemon from R/S? I need the full walking sprite. Hey DarkMage, Do you reckon you would want to join up with my game? It's what me and my brother did, I did the guy's half of the game, while he did the girl's half. But unfortunatly my brother is lazy and failed to make a good half. I was thinking maybe we could do something like that.. I have a different CBS to you but as long as your willing, we could incorporate both, I could program it so that if you are a guy you do my battles and if you are a girl, you do your battles, Just a thought. I dont really want to have one half of my game good and the other half bad. We could make it a seperate game alltogether if you want (Do Lunar as a standalone project and work on this one with me).
    Anyway it's up to you, I just thought it would be interesting.. PM me if you are interested
    By the way, when will Sun be finished? And will Moon be seperate? Or like Gold/Silver *shudder* variety is much needed in those games!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Krazy Meerkat, you should say those sort of things either be in the RM2K discussion or Pokemon Lunar and Solar edition thread.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • The screens look pretty good. It'll be interesting to play once you've finished.

Pokebuddy

Pokemon Sun/Moon Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2009
    ugh sorry for not updating i had a rough time and i couldnt update my game :( Anyway i have time right now so i can make some new stuff like running [ i hate those slow heroes] and maybe SAFARI ZONE [you can get 1 of the most rare pkmn] and im using the default battle system, Pokeball code was finished, now i need to make some updates on my pokemon :(

Years
  • DarkMage31 said:
    long time? LONG TIME?????? We're talking like a millenia! Okay, maybe I'm exagerating. But everyone is willing to put a certain ammount of work into a game, and I'm not going to spend every waking minute for the next twenty years programming a CBS. No siree, not me!

Woah man calm down.

Some people do want to make their game perfect thus making all Pokemon, a team of 3-4 people thats all good at RM2k and 2k3 wouldnt take long to script it in, but if you made 2 different version of your games, you wouldnt need to put ALL Pokemon in every game.. make it like RBY GSC RS and FRLG, where theres some version only Pokemon.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Sorry if I sounded like I was screaming, but it's virtually impossible to be individually scripting every single pkmon! Every release they feel the urge to add a couple hundred more! It's crazy! Us amatures can't keep up! That's just my feeling anyway.

Years
  • Well if you look at it that way.. Then yes.
    But what i meant was the current Pokemon, or just the old 1-151 Pokemons

Years
  • i have about 32 in my game (including evolutions) meh it take way too long to add just one pokemon in mine. And I have no Ruby/Sapphire pokemon charasets, dont want the pokemon to outdate before the game is released.

Back