• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trouble with zoom during move animations in EBS

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hi! I would like to solve this problem:
I am using animations (awesome resurce) with the "REPLACEMISSINGANIMATION = true" to show my own animations for my new moves.
In battle, when I use this moves, the EBS zoom to enemy pokemon, and I can not see the full animation (the animation side of my pokemon) because it is out of the screen.
Is there any way to solve this without disable the dynamic animations?

PS: Sorry for my english :S..

Sparkin

Look for this bit in the Settings (The first on your list)
Code:
# to zoom onto enemy Pokemon
ENEMYVECTOR = [-320,628,32,686,1.5,1]

Those are coordinates of the zoom where it focus on your enemy. You can change it to fit how you like, but if unsure, you can use input this:
Code:
# to zoom onto enemy Pokemon
ENEMYVECTOR = [102,384,32,342,1,1]

(Those are the coordinates of Vector1)
This'll change it for all animations that focus on the enemy though.

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
Not sure I understood the question but: when you create the animation in the editor make sure to use Cell batch to change the focus to "User and target" or "Screen".

Last edited:

Sparkin

Not sure I understood the question but: when you create the animation in the editor make sure to use Cell batch to change the focus to "User and target" or "Screen".

They're using EBS, and as far as I know, it doesn't use RMXP's Animation Editor

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
EBS's animations focus on the enemy, even if they're your own custom animations

I'm pretty sure that's not always the case, I'm using Essentials v16 and EBS and many of my own move animations zoom the way I want them to because I specified it in the editor. At the same time all of EBS move animations play flawlessly.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
What Telemetius is saying is correct. Source: me.
If you define the focus of the animation (Animation Editor ones, the custom coded ones work completely differently) to both "User and Target" or "Screen", the scene will not zoom onto the targeted Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What Telemetius is saying is correct. Source: me.
If you define the focus of the animation (Animation Editor ones, the custom coded ones work completely differently) to both "User and Target" or "Screen", the scene will not zoom onto the targeted Pokemon.

Wow! I did not know that was possible! that's great, because there are some animations that look better with the zoom to the enemy.

Thank you three for answer me, maybe it was a noobie question but i was really lost trying to solve that.

Back