• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1v1 MGardevoir

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    I suppose I need to put this here even tho I'm casual but I like to do 1v1's with my Gardevoir.
    She used to be a spAtk sweeper with EV's spread as 252spAtk/252speed and a timid nature to increase speed even more.
    Her current build is: Hyper voice, psychic, thunderbolt and something, been changing the last one often from calm mind to protect, substitute, etc.
    However I've reset and redone her EV spread to 128spAtk, 128spDef and 252speed.
    This helped me out a lot against potential one shots however I'm still struggling against poison and steel moves ... like gunk shot or iron head (just an example here).
    This leaves me with no fighting chance whatsoever and I honestly find it ... dumb to say the least.

So I suppose I'm asking you, competitive players out there, who kind of know what and how others play, good builds and what not, is there a way to at least give me a fighting chance against something like that?!

(also I still get outsped a lot >.>)

Sirfetch’d

mega gardevoir is in a pretty bad speed tier. you are going to lose 1v1 matchups against anything above 100 speed and with her poor bulk, one shot quite often. nothing you can do about pokemon faster than you, really. you can however use focus blast or hp fire to help with steel type pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • You should've kept the standard 252 SAtk/252 Spe spread for Gardevoir. It's still very physically frail even with bulk investment. Its special bulk is still good enough to let it shrug off a special hit or two.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    You should've kept the standard 252 SAtk/252 Spe spread for Gardevoir. It's still very physically frail even with bulk investment. Its special bulk is still good enough to let it shrug off a special hit or two.

I can reset her spread at any time. I mostly play on Oras anyway so I still have super training and some reset bags left.
    Tho this time before I do so, I'll actually try her out on showdown.
    Currently found that 252hp and 252 spAtk with modest works quite well.

However I'd love to know if I mega evolve will the speed chosen for whom attacks first take my nrml speed as Gardevoir in or the speed my Gardevoir has as Mega?
    It was explained to me (quite some time ago actually when X/Y just came out) that upon mega evolution that turn stats are still chosen by the nrml ones. So for an atk for example I'd have a spAtk of 125 instead of 165. If this is the case it's better that I always start with a protect when going mega

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I can reset her spread at any time. I mostly play on Oras anyway so I still have super training and some reset bags left.
    Tho this time before I do so, I'll actually try her out on showdown.
    Currently found that 252hp and 252 spAtk with modest works quite well.

However I'd love to know if I mega evolve will the speed chosen for whom attacks first take my nrml speed as Gardevoir in or the speed my Gardevoir has as Mega?
    It was explained to me (quite some time ago actually when X/Y just came out) that upon mega evolution that turn stats are still chosen by the nrml ones. So for an atk for example I'd have a spAtk of 125 instead of 165. If this is the case it's better that I always start with a protect when going mega
    In Gen VI, the regular form's Speed is taken into account on the turn the Pokemon Mega Evolves, but the Pokemon gets the strength of its Mega Evolution. Full mechanics here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mega_Evolution.

Also, Mega Gardevoir's Speed is actually decent (but still not good), so max HP is a waste IMO.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    In Gen VI, the regular form's Speed is taken into account on the turn the Pokemon Mega Evolves, but the Pokemon gets the strength of its Mega Evolution. Full mechanics here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mega_Evolution.

Also, Mega Gardevoir's Speed is actually decent (but still not good), so max HP is a waste IMO.

Oh okay, good to know.
    And that spread was a suggestion from another player who I randomly came up against a couple of times.
    So I'm just trying things out atm. Tbh I never used showdown before for battling ... it's actually quite handy XD

Back