• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm new and looking for help!

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2020
    Hi everyone, my name is HeavyBlimps and I'm a published screenwriter and playwright. I love Pokémon, have been playing for over 20 years, and I recently came up with a great idea for an original story.

Now, I've played many Rom Hacks but I've never dabbled in making one. I guess I'm reaching out to see if anyone would be interested in giving me some tips, advice, or even be willing to discuss a collaboration?

Thanks for your time, everyone! Thrilled to be here!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi heavyblimps! :)

You sound like a very accomplished person. I can't say I've met many people who can call themselves a published screenwriter. Impressive! Have you written much in the way of original Pokemon stories before?

Maybe when you're not collabing on ROM Hacking, you can post a bit in Fan Fiction & Writing? I'm sure they'd love to see some of your work.

But in the meantime, you'll definitely want to check out the ROM Hacking Section. It's an excellent place to get started with collaborating and sharing ideas when it comes to game development. As far as I'm concerned, PC has the best resources available for devs of any skill level - and can help with whatever stage you're on in your development process. :)

Making a ROM Hack is not an easy task, but there are many talented devs here who can help. Best of luck to you and happy posting!

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Fairy hit the nail right on the head! Welcome to PokeCommunity heavyblimps! We're glad to have you on board with us. You're a very accomplished person, if you don't mind me asking, what's the name of the play? If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Hope to see you around the community more :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2020
    Fairy,

Thank you so much for the kind words! And I've messed around with Pokémon stories before, but the aforementioned idea is by far the best and most advanced of my ideas to this point. I've really never been serious about writing a Pokémon story, but the idea just sort of took of and had a life of its own.

And thank you for pointing me in those directions; that is exactly what I was looking for. This really seems like a welcoming community and I'm excited to spread my wings here!

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2020
    Thanks, tokyodrift!

I'm really glad to be here. And I've written and adapted several plays, but the one I had produced was a small-stage production during my college tenure in Boston. It was an original, one-act comedy called "Sperm Soap on a Rope." It's on YouTube, but I won't link because some of the language is rather mature.

Back