• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Snow warning and vulpix

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Hey everyone so I've just started to play pokemon moon, my team currently consists of piplup, rowlet, fenekin and alolan vulpix now vulpix came from the gts and has the snow warning ability, i've been told its the best ability for vulpix to have so I'm kinda happy and lucky to have got it.

But why is it so good to have?, if anything I'm finding it frustrating.

Many thanks

Years
  • if you want hail (for instance if you have other Pokemon that benefit from it like alolan-sandslash), it is an easy way to start it as you don't need to waste a turn and a move slot with it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Oh ok so if I get another vulpix with out it I'm not really losing out then, is there a way to stop it from happening?only reason I ask is this vulpix has an awesome moveset and I'd love to keep hold of it and use it throughout the game.

Years
  • From what I know, Alolan-Ninetales is very good competitively because it allows you to lead in a fast hail/aurora veil on the first turn which is very powerful. Aurora Veil halves the damage taken from physical and special moves, which is always useful and can help with setting up sweepers.

As far as in-game goes, I still would recommend Snow Warning if you don't mind taking the time to find one (Just SOS 30 or so Vulpix. You'll know when one has it as it will start hailing.)as it is a good Blizzard user as well as Aurora Veil which is quite nice. When I played through Sun/Moon I used an Alolan-Sandslash in conjunction with Alolan-Ninetales as Aurora Veil allows Sandslash to set up Swords Dance and depending on which ability Sandslash has, hail either will give it a bunch of evasiveness(Snow Cloak) or a bunch of speed (Slush Rush), although Slush Rush is objectively better.e

Back