• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thoughts on crossover hacks?

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    When I say crossover hack, I mean one that bridges another franchise with the pokemon concept; (i.e digimon in The Dark Rising: Worlds Collide hack)

From what little I've seen, they're mostly frowned upon- and for good reason. Most end up being poorly made, poorly executed and grabbing from just plain out-of-place material.

But that said, what's the opinion on crossovers here? Despite what I've said, I have intrest in the concept and do believe it could be done well
    (If there's any good examples, feel free to mention them! Sorry for the dump)

Years
  • Some of my personal favorite hacks are crossovers with the Touhou Project series. (Touhoumon/Touhou Puppet Play)

As a result, I'm definitely not opposed to crossover hacks in concept. Not just Touhoumon, but there is the Zelda Pokemon hack mentioned above that looks really interesting, and probably a few others. The bad ones give the whole 'genre' of hacks a bad rep that I don't honestly think is fully deserved. Of course, a lot of them just shoehorn in the crossover mons with regular Pokemon and it becomes a mess, but still.

Joegreenbeen

Shooting for the Sky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've been toying with the idea of a Star Wars + Pokemon hack for a while.

Burtle

Discord: Burtle#6904
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2019
    I remember there was a hack called Yu-Gi-Oh!-mon or something and when I played it, it had some "you just got trolled f*ggot" message scrolling across like it was a title screen and I couldn't go any further
    I was actually disappointed, I wouldn't mind that

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    I'd love to see a Lord of the Rings concept in a pokemon hack. Old/ancient and mystic setting, no modern stuff. Pokemon centers are healing fountains of the elves.

Yuan Animations

I love pokemon and pokemon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2019
    Hello im an artist and i play lots of rom hacks at the same time im new here in this community i just stumble upon this thread

Back