• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioManH

top kek
Years
  • I don't act like anything other than someone who hasn't seen any evidence to back-up claims of future releases. Go is the only thing Nintendo's releasing as of now. STOP over-thinking this.

Alright guy, here's something pulled from Serebii (posted last week) : "In an interview with the Yomiuri Shimbun newspaper, the launch roll-out for Pokémon GO has been revealed. In this interview, Tsunekazu Ishihara, head of the Pokémon Company, says that the app will rollout in Japan, Europe and North America first and then launch in South America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. No date has been revealed as of yet. In this interview, Mr. Ishihara also stated that they are working on another big project away from Pokémon GO."

So there is a claim for a "future release" aside GO itself, and why would they provide more coverage on a Smartphone game and not a game for their own system? I think you're just on the GO Hype Train and are not thinking straight.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    By the way once we get news on the new game in a few days will this thread be gone for a new one with confirmed info or are we still using this one? Just checking

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Doubt they will. I see it only for the main game series myself. Gen 1 release was done last direct and the Youtube channel,GO will be next month,Pokken has enough info already and Detective Pikachu won't get attention due to it being a world direct and it being out in Japan already. I will be shocked and a bit mad if this is not a main game. But as was said my Serebii XY was shown in 1 1/2 mins. The rest was just fluff talking about the series. Since it is only 5 mins I can see Mr.Masuda talking about the 20 years and a trailer plus maybe quick details. Also if this is coming sooner rather than later and truly is not a 3rd version but a 20th anniversary I can see him wanting a few mins at least to show why it is a 20th anniversary game. Like what makes it a 20th anniversary game? Just the fact it is out on the 20th anniversary? Or is there more to that?

It could still be a Third version, despite being the 20th anniversary game, it'll just be a special third version (or sequel/prequel), like Yellow was.

Well it is on the 20th anniversary, so that's one reason. I think they'll add aspects from the other games. Perhaps they'll bring back special features or story aspects, like travelling with your mons like with Pikachu in Yellow (Amity park in DPP, overworld in HgSS), running into the legendary like in Crystal, Battle Frontier from Emerald? or just the concept, another world/realm, PWT. Those kind of small, but lovable things from the past.

By the way once we get news on the new game in a few days will this thread be gone for a new one with confirmed info or are we still using this one? Just checking
    Likely a new one, but it's hard to say for sure if it is a third version. In the time I've been here (since the end of Gen IV/beginning of Gen V) all the games that have been announced had their own separate forum subsection, and new threads were made to discuss them. Now if it's a third version we'll be using this subforum, and this Thread might still be used.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I still don't know how they'd properly do an "all regions" game, worrying about scaling and all of that....

Thing is people think the idea would be amazing but it would be a huge mess. At least on a console. If Pokemon was on home console they could do something huge. Like a big region that felt like a region. Biggest issue with Pokemon is it feels a lot of the time is one town to the next with a lot of hand holding and felt this began with Gen 5. Gen 1-Gen 4 had interesting regions and terrain and things to do in between. Unova was almost a straight line though BW 2 fixed this in a way. And while XY did not have the same issue the biggest issue was the build up. A lot of stuff went down but once you beat Korrina it felt lackluster. We need this new game to be chocked full of content since at the end of the day the games are really short for a jrpg

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Your speculations are retarded, that's why. You can literally claim "oh, I think Nintendo will release 20 new Pokèmon games, because it's the 20th anniversary", and it wouldn't make any sense. People claimed Gray would come out, it didn't. Saying Z will is the same thing.

I see no evidence of a new game, however I do see evidence of GO. All I know is FACTS: Pokèmon GO was announced and it's CLEARLY the next-step for Nintendo. They announced they'd get in the smartphone market and shortly after GO was announced. If you ask anyone "hey, what's the next Poèmon game from Nintendo??" the answer is "GO", not "they haven't announced a new game yet".
    Lol @willprogresivo are you going to come on here in 3 days and admit you're dumb and wrong? How anyone thinks that Nintendo would spend all this money on the 20th anniversery and NOT put out a main game has no idea about marketing. Of course a main game is coming out, they want your money at the end of the day. GO is not a proven revenue generator, main Pokemon games are, grow up buddy.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The direct was great news to wake up to!

It's definitely the 3rd game, and it's definitely going to be big.

It will only show one game( 5 minutes does not give them time to do another really.)

My guess:

1 minute: Welcome by whoever hosts it

2 to 4 minutes in: trailer for 3rd game.

5 minutes: Closing and be sure to stay tuned for more info and to get the VC version of red, blue and yellow.

The fact that this is a direct and not them just posting a video, and they want people to see it live, says a lot.

This is going to be their big project they teased and will most certainly live up to it's hype!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    You know what if it is a 3rd game in Kalos but is not Z or what anyone expects. I saw someone say Pokemon W here at one point. Maybe a game focusing on a new war? And instead of gym leaders you take down "generals" and Zygarde is used as a secret weapon but you have one and so does the people who began the war. That or AZ plays a much larger role. Though if they do that I guess it would be a sequal? Idk BW2 just moved to expect the unexpected. Like if they change too much people will complain it is not a 3rd version yet if they stay too close some who were not fans of XY will say it was too much like XY. Oh well less than 48 hours till we get answers. These hours will end up killing me.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    As much as I'd like five minutes dedicated to a new game, I don't want to get my hopes up. I'll just take a guess at what I think the Direct's gonna have:

The 1st minute would probably announce some generic 20th anniversary stuff, such as a list of the available event Pokémon distributions, and the upcoming Virtual Console releases.
    The 2nd minute could be a reveal for the international release of the detective Pikachu game.
    The 3rd minute would be about Pokkén Tournament; perhaps a new fighter reveal.
    The 4th minute may have some small bit of information about Pokémon Go. I'm not sure how likely this is, but if there were to be anything about it, it would probably just be something like "Expect some more information around [this timeframe]." If not, they could split this minute to give extra time to the other segments.
    And the 5th minute would have the big reveal. It's a lot to cram into 5 minutes, but 5 minutes can be a surprisingly long time, especially when game trailers can be as short as 30 seconds.

But I mean, as long as all 5 minutes aren't dedicated to the detective Pikachu game or something else like that, I'll be content.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    *sigh* omfg people.....

If you see someone being disrespectful or trolling or breaking the rules or whatever, do not respond to them, report their post(s). Responding to them just shits up the thread as much as their posts do, and some of you have been just as bad as the person you're calling out. If you ignore them and report them then I, or Peitharchia, or even an hstaffer if need be, can deal with the problem person/post and the thread moves on much more nicely. You arguing with them does nothing to fix the problem.

I don't want to have to do this, but from this point on in this thread if anyone decides to be an asshole, they will be yellow carded (for disrespect to members), and anyone who responds to said dick will also get yellow carded (for mini-modding or whatever is most appropriate). Do not become my first ever yellow carding.....especially since I have yet to yellow card or infract anyone in the friggin' Round Table.

Would make a new thread if indeed the Direct reveals a new Kalos game.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    As much as I'd like five minutes dedicated to a new game, I don't want to get my hopes up. I'll just take a guess at what I think the Direct's gonna have:

The 1st minute would probably announce some generic 20th anniversary stuff, such as a list of the available event Pokémon distributions, and the upcoming Virtual Console releases.
    The 2nd minute could be a reveal for the international release of the detective Pikachu game.
    The 3rd minute would be about Pokkén Tournament; perhaps a new fighter reveal.
    The 4th minute may have some small bit of information about Pokémon Go. I'm not sure how likely this is, but if there were to be anything about it, it would probably just be something like "Expect some more information around [this timeframe]." If not, they could split this minute to give extra time to the other segments.
    And the 5th minute would have the big reveal. It's a lot to cram into 5 minutes, but 5 minutes can be a surprisingly long time, especially when game trailers can be as short as 30 seconds.

But I mean, as long as all 5 minutes aren't dedicated to the detective Pikachu game or something else like that, I'll be content.

Idk they kinda have been doing the first party the past month and I feel Pokken can have a few surprises. I dislike how they show the entire roster of fighting games before it is even out. Much more fun to unlock and unsure if D Pikachu would take up time since this is not just a usa one and Japan got the game. And with GO having info March 14 they may be saving it. With that said I am not saying the entire thing will be Pokemon (Insert name here) I can see a one minute of Mr.Masuda thanking the fans and maybe two mins for a PKMN JAA 2 thing since a lot of fans want that. With the the rest of the time for the reveal. After looking at past time frames it seems the games besides the first of the gen have shorter gaps. so maybe we get more time with this game since there is more to show and less time in terms of release to do it?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Idk they kinda have been doing the first party the past month and I feel Pokken can have a few surprises. I dislike how they show the entire roster of fighting games before it is even out. Much more fun to unlock and unsure if D Pikachu would take up time since this is not just a usa one and Japan got the game. And with GO having info March 14 they may be saving it. With that said I am not saying the entire thing will be Pokemon (Insert name here) I can see a one minute of Mr.Masuda thanking the fans and maybe two mins for a PKMN JAA 2 thing since a lot of fans want that. With the the rest of the time for the reveal. After looking at past time frames it seems the games besides the first of the gen have shorter gaps. so maybe we get more time with this game since there is more to show and less time in terms of release to do it?
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind if there were some unrevealed fighters for Pokkén; I guess it's just a matter of how big the roster is gonna be which will determine if we get a reveal or not.

And that's very true, I hadn't considered that it was a worldwide Direct. That's fine with me--nothing against the detective Pikachu game, but I'd personally rather get info about other titles right now.

Yeah I get what you mean with the "less time to reveal info between now and the supposed release." I do think it's possible for them to dedicate more than a minute to the reveal, and it would make sense if it comes out before Fall--and if they did, that would be so awesome--but again, it's just that I don't want to get my hopes up. I really don't want to feel disappointed by Friday, because that wouldn't be a good way to start the hype train ride.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    After all those months of speculation, all those months of discussion and all those months of shattered hopes, I'm confident we're finally getting our third version this friday.
    Game with all regions? Nah
    7th gen? Hell no
    New, innovative third version? Hell yes

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    After all those months of speculation, all those months of discussion and all those months of shattered hopes, I'm confident we're finally getting our third version this friday.
    Game with all regions? Nah
    7th gen? Hell no
    New, innovative third version? Hell yes

TBH gen 7 is more likely than a 3rd version. Or at least typical 3rd versions. I am leaning more towards sequels or non direct sequels in the terms new adventure but not connected so much to XY.

I doubt GF would go back to the enhanced version after all the praise they got from people with BW2 over a typical Grey and I have to wonder if a simple 3rd version would truly get this kind of hype over a simple trailer out of the blue. I mean Gen 3 remakes were wanted by tons of people and that just got a trailer nobody saw coming. A 3rd version is a lot less demanded and yet a Direct for Pokemon is happening. Not saying that leak about a 20th game is true but the timing is a bit odd. Got the leak on Monday and a Direct the same week. We have about 30 odd hours till the official reveal and I guess all we can do is hope it is something a lot of the fanbase will enjoy.

Enhanced versions were fun back when it was a Pokemon thing but now that so much games do enhanced versions the concept s pretty meh. Especially in the day of dlc

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • So the direct was never announced? It just happened?

Nope, it was announced. All Directs are usually give a notice beforehand, sometimes only the day before.

This one is definitely getting a lot of hype from all official Twitter accounts and websites. Masuda himself is doing it too, so I highly doubt this is related to any spin-offs or mobile apps. There's also Magearna's reveal a couple weeks ago that we kind of need to keep in mind too.

Which reminds me... exactly what kind of game are we gonna get? I don't think we're quite ready to move on to Gen 7 yet, but they wouldn't be making a Pokemon-dedicated Direct for a standard 3rd version "Z" either. The last time we had a Pokemon Direct, it looked at the history of Pokemon and then announced X/Y. Right now, we got the 20th anniversary, Magearna, and Zygarde Formes to play around with.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I will be so happy if this game is them listening to the fans over the years. Now I know it won't have all the regions or anything but maybe pokemon following you again,good post game and overhaul of the plot. So like no gyms or league. I remember when BW2 was around I thought you would instead fight the 7 sages getting orbs from them to use to unlock Kyurem. The concept may seem like gyms but it would be different. One thing I would love is more difficult puzzles. Like the gym leader puzzles are way too easy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back