• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PROJECT] Sol & Luna

Years
  • dh39ce.png

Well, this is the official thread for Sol and Luna. So far, I am currently testing with maps and stuff. I still need members.

Who I Need
    • Spriters
    • GFX Artists
    • Mappers
    • Coders
    • Music Directors
    • Webmasters
    • Script Writers

Currently, my jobs are Music director, mapper, coder, and script writer.

Storyline

Luna
    One night, Axéû is sitting on the roof of his home, gazing at the tiny balls of the fire in the moonlit sky. He hums a little tune to himself. A meteor shots through the cosmos. "Make a wish," though Axéû aloudly. "Come on! Time for bed!" rants Öyan. "Coming. Coming." whines Axéû. During his slumber, Axéû dreams of a terrible monster that destroys countries at a time. He wakes up, stumbles to the sink, wets his face, and goes back to bed. The next morning, one of the villagers sprints Axéû in panic. "(Pant... Pant...) We just got news that a terrible plague has infected the jungle (Pant...) and has already infected one town. There was only one survivor." "I would like to have a chat with the survivor. Let me see him." orders Axéû. "Here he is sir. He is not in the greatest shape. He was almost dead when we found him." The survivor approaches Axéû. "Now, be gone! I would like to speak with him privately." exclaimed Axéû. "Now, let's start off where you live. Which village do you live at?" "I... (cough) I live at Diàngo. (cough) (cough)" said the little boy. "Now, what is your name?" "My name is Frionel. (cough)" "Okay, now what happened before your village started crumbling?" "Well (cough), there was a foul smell in the air. Then (cough), a purple haze started spreading throughout the village. (cough) Then people started coughing, and puking, and..." Frionel faints. "Try to stay awake." said Axéû calmly. "Now, what happened?" "The villagers... The started puking, and coughing. Eventually, people started to fall and (cough) and lay motionless on the ground. Eventually, I puked and started coughing (cough), so I went in my room and (cough) covered myself in sheets. I guess I was very lucky to survive." "You sure were," said Axéû. Frionel faints again. "Hey, villager! Take this boy back to the inn!" commanded Axéû. He though about what Frionel said about hiding under the sheets of his bed. He though about it for hours and came up with a solution. Axéû ran to his chamber, grabbed some spare linen, and dashed to the basement.Until dinner, he was down there perfecting his breathing mask. Zeì enters the basement. "Hey dad. What are you doing?" questioned Zeì. "I'm making a breathing mask. It will protect you from the poison. There is just one thing missing..." "Maybe you are missing Reatrium. It produces pure oxygen out of anything. Even poison." comments Zeì. "Could you be a dear and go pick me one?" "Sure, daddy."
    A couple of hours later, Zeì returns with the Reatrium. Zeì and Axéû quickly finish the breathing mask, and they make one for Zeì. "Thank you, Zeì. This breathing mask can revolutionize the way we deal with the poison. Woah! Look at the time! Time for bed. Good night." Axéû says. "Good night daddy." wishes Zeì. Axéû goes to bed, but doesn't stay there for long. When all the lights in the house are out, he gets up and graps the sword haning above the fireplace. His quest begins here, to kill the monster that spreads the poison.

Sol

Zeì wakes up to to the gentle sound of birds singing. She looks in the mirror on her dresser. Her hair is all messed up, so she parts it to the side. Zeì opens up the dresser and takes the red and yellow dress out. She quickly undresses and puts the clean dress on, leaving her pajamas in the middle of the floor. Zeì slowly creeps downstairs to the kitchen, where Öyan is preparing breakfast. "Good morning Zeì! How did you sleep last night?" "(Yawn) Fine." Zeì rubs her eyes. "Zeì, could you be a darling and go pick me a stalk of garod?" "Sure mom. (yawn) No problem." Zeì stumbles slowly out of the house. She walks to the garod patch next to the house. "Hmmm... Which one is ripe?"
    There is a rather large, blue garod stalk right in the middle of the patch. "There you are!" exclaims Zeì. She walks over, picks the stalk, and gently hurries home. "Any good garod stalks today?" asks Öyan. "Yeah. it's really big." Zeì shows the stalk of garod to her mother. "(Gasp) That thing must be at least three foot tall! We'll have enough for two weeks!" Öyan quickly prepares breakfast. As soon as Öyan and Zeì are done with breakfast, they start cleaning the house. As soon as they are done, it is dinner time. Öyan quickly prepares some baked triagerian flowers. Zeì goes down to the basement to tell Axéû that dinner is ready. "Hey dad. What are you doing?" questioned Zeì. "I'm making a breathing mask. It will protect you from the poison. There is just one thing missing..." "Maybe you are missing Reatrium. It produces pure oxygen out of anything. Even poison." comments Zeì. "Could you be a dear and go pick me one?" "Sure, daddy." Zeì completely forgets about dinner and rushes out the door. She treks to the mountainside, where reatrium is populous. "Oh, crap." says Zeì. The reatrium only grows in the higher ledges of cliffs and mountain sides, so Zeì has a hard time getting up to the lowest plant. about eleven feet up, a rock supporting Zeì becpmes loose and Zeì almost falls. She quickly recovers, and climbs to the reatrium. Zeì unearths the plant and carefully climbs back down the mountainside, almost falling twice in the process. She hurries home, where her dad eagerly awaits her. Zeì helps Axéû finishe the breathing mask, and they makes one for Zeì. "Thank you, Zeì. This breathing mask can revolutionize the way we deal with the poison. Woah! Look at the time! Time for bed. Good night." Axéû says. "Good night daddy." wishes Zeì. The next morning, Zeì finds a note on her floor. "Gone to try the land of the poison. If i die, don't cry. Just remember me. Love, your father, Axéû." Zeì freezes for a moment. just then, a villager somes knocking on the door. Zeì answers. "Some terrible news. The village Bäótas has fallen to the poison." Zeì gasps, grabs the meat cleaver from the cutting board, and runs out the door. She knows that the rare flower Kierus Maximus' small population is only in that area, and the nectar can cure many diseases. Zeì's adventure begins.

Characters
    • Zeì - The main character of Sol. She is the daughter of Axéû and Öyan. She has blonde hair parted to the side and a little ruffled up, a perfect hourglass figure, pasty-white skin, a form-fitting orange and yellow tie-dye leather dress, and stiletto heels. After her father leaves to destroy Aietra, Zeì goes to rescue a rare nectar from a flower that is slowly becoming extinct from the poison.
    • Axéû - The main character of Luna. The husband of Öyan and the father of Zeì. He wheres black cargo pants and a navy tailcoat with a dark violet t-shirt. His hair is gray, is cut fairly short, and is spiked up. He too has pasty white skin. One night he is staring at the moon and notices a meteor flying in the sky. He goes to bed right afterwords. The next morning, he hears of a village killed by a mysterious poison and he ventures out to kill the source.
    • Öyan - The mother of Zeì and the wife of Axéû. She keeps her long, blonde hair in no perticular fashion. She wheres a pink dress with a white apron. She also wheres leather shoes. Here skin is a little darker than Zeì's. She provides an importan role in the game by healing you for no charge. Every once in a while, shee will have some information that you need.
    • Aietra - The main villain of the two games. Aietra will mostly be seen in Luna, but is ocassionally seen in Sol. He is spreading Poison throughout the land Bêira. Once a town is something is infected by his poison, it will die. If it is a plant or an insect though, it will become monsterous and poisonous. Aietra has no real shape of his own, but rather controls mutated plants and insects.
    • Kierus Maximus - this is the plant that Zeì needs to rescue. Slowly, each and every Kierus plant is dying. This plants, when not mutated, have large, beautiful flowers of sky blue, light pink, and a pasty yellow. They are not very large. When mutated though, these plants have enormous tentacles with poisonous barbs and gigantic carnivorous flowers. These plants become monsterous when mutated.

Pronunciations
    • Zeì - SAI
    • Axéû - uh-ZAY-you
    • Öyan - oy-YAHN
    • Aietra - ai-EH-trah
    • Kierus Maximus - kee-AIR-iss MAX-ih-muss

Maker
    RPG Maker XP

Features
    • Hopefully a custom hero name input
    • Over 300 items
    • Over 30 side-quests
    • Over 100 spells and skills
    • Innertwined storylines
    • Detailed storylines
    • Large maps to explore
    • Many maps to explore
    • Many secrets

Once again, as said before, this is an ambitious project. I want to leave my mark in the RPG Maker community. All you who want to help can too. If you want to help, PM me or post here. I will need to see some of your work, though. I do not want a bucket of noobs on this team. If you do join the team, the team name is Team Lancer. (You may remember it from my hack.)

Questions for my Peers
    • Do you think that I should include an overworld map?
    • What time should this take place in?
    • What should the planet look like that these games take place on?
    • What do you think would make a good title screen?
    • Should I include some kind of easy transportation? (Like an airship)
    • How often should I update when real progress begins?
    • What makes this game seem good/bad to you?

A product of
    lanerbannercopy9qj.png

© 2006 Don Patch, All rights reserved.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok, but to be a mapper, you need to show me some of your work. I will need to see two screenshots. I will go over them in extreme detail. Also, please post your submission form on my site. (Link in my sig.)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    Just one question. How big do you plan on making the game as RPG Maker 95 does only have 1,000 variables. Apart form that I think it sounds fairly cool.

Years
  • Actually, you can use combo-variables. (A combo variable is a variable that is used for more than 1 event) Using combo variables will also save on disk space.

Pierrot.

Pokémon Gainsboro and Rose.
    Years
    • Age 117
    • Seen Nov 4, 2006
    I'm liking this. I do wonder, however, why you use RPG05--to me, it seems horribly outdated. I recommend the newer version, RPGXP. Sorry if this is a stupid question and there's a valid reason for 95.

http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/

KUTAW, though. KUTAW. LOVE the storyline.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
  • I agree with pierrot. It is really outdated. But thats ok. PM me if you want the updated 2.0 Postiality Kights Edition. (You don't need A license or the original either. By the way, this was not pirated. Its a valid program I found on the internet somewhere)

Oh and Hey Don Patch, about the Title screen, maybe you should make a picture of that guy who poisons people on like a Hill looking at a dead town or something... or you could just use the pic on the top of this thread and spruce it up with the battle sprites for your main characters or something.

Years
  • That is not the title screen, That is just a promo banner. Oh, and Siber, I need help with tilesets, the title screen, character pictures, and sprites. All help is greatly appreciated.

Also, I am now accepting anybody, since I am getting no help with my current demands.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
  • I would help as much as I could but I have never worked wtih 95 before... :/ Is it much different than Rmxp?

Oh, I didint mean use that exact thing, I meant like take that Idea with the Sol and Luna Text with some added featrues :P Didn't mean to cause any confusion :)

EDIT: Oooohh... I Get it now, Thye are two SEPERATE games! I thought they were all one game :P

sketch

3D animator/movie director
    Years
    • Age 31
    • LA
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    Nice idea Don!Glad this isn't another pokemon game!Getting tired of the same old thing.This is very interesting!

Years
  • WHALESDUDE said:
    I agree with pierrot. It is really outdated. But thats ok. PM me if you want the updated 2.0 Postiality Kights Edition. (You don't need A license or the original either. By the way, this was not pirated. Its a valid program I found on the internet somewhere)
    Do not discuss, nor offer an illegal version of RMXP. It is against the rules of PC to discuss and/or link to warez.

You have been warned.

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    Avatar, then we may not talk about any maker ion the rpgm line except the legal RMXP? 95, 2k, 2k3 are all pirated also. Unless they are using a japanese copy...

Years
  • Originally posted by Dashiel
    95 is sooooo..erm..11 years ago

Actually, RPG Maker 95 was made in 1997.

Anyway, I am switching to RPG Maker XP. The only reason: there are more people who are familiar with it.

Years
  • tdata said:
    Avatar, then we may not talk about any maker ion the rpgm line except the legal RMXP? 95, 2k, 2k3 are all pirated also. Unless they are using a japanese copy...
    You are allowed to TALK about the maker, however, asking where to download (or provide a place to download it) the program is against the rules.
    I can't do anything about people using an illegal version, however there will be no discussion whatsoever surrounding the illegal versions and where to get them, etc.

To avoid any more offtopic posts, you are free to PM me if you wish to discuss this further.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
  • Oh... Its not pirated... I could give the link to the site, but i dont want to break/bend the rules at all. The guy actually bought it and remade some errors and made some stuff easier. Its sort of a hack if you'd call it that but he's not pirating rmxp. I wont post it so im not booted for promoting pirtaed stuff :/ (sorry about posting this whole thingy anyways, avatar... I just needed to get this across... maybe it was pirated... but the guy had a pretty good argument on the site... no matter, I will not link nor share it! Sorry to have troubled you!)

Anywho... I'm glad you're turning over to rmxp! Now I'll be happy to help in any way that I can! I'll do anything but scripting! (I can barely understand it!)

Years
  • First Screenshot! Well, actually it is an alpha map. Thanks to Tana from RMXP.net for the tileset!

Also, I might make a version of the games on RPG Maker 95 just to see how it is like.

Back