• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Would you consider changing the clock in the Wild area cheating?

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2020
    I don't change the clock, because I feel like it is just exploiting the system to get a full dex, when you could be legitimately playing and have much more of a challenge finding Pokémon.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Sometimes I do change the clock in order to refresh the Raid Dens in the Wild Area. Quite a few 5* Raids are virtually impossible to beat without battling alongside other players, as they will constantly OHKO the CPU allies, so being able to change the Pokémon in the dens when you have no Wishing Pieces is convenient. It may be cheating, but its not the worst kind of cheating imo.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I don't change the clock because I like to play fair, but I don't really consider it cheating? At least, not in a bad kind of way. If people want to get certain Pokemon by exploiting the clock, I don't really find it to be that wrong. I just don't do it because I'm not interested in doing so.

Years
  • not really, I understand doing it as a dex completionist! natural completion is fun, but as a shiny hunter I prefer getting to the shiny charm as soon as possible (without using actual cheat systems like gameshark)

pkmin3033

I don't consider it cheating, because time-based events in video games are complete idiocy. I'll play when I want to play, how I want to play. I'm not going to be dictated to by an arbitrary time-based system that offers absolutely nothing in the way of value to the experience - it unnecessarily pads out the amount of time it takes you to do something, results in hours/days of waiting for the right conditions, and it's just irritating. It's not cheating to circumvent an objectively bad game design choice if possible.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I've been changing the clock a few times today to try and get the Kanto Starters in the current temporary Raid Battles. Having to wait for them or beating all the other Raid Battles first would just be time-consuming. And since the Kanto Starter battles have a chance of rewarding you with a rare orb after you beat them (ie Life Orb and Flame Orb), I would understand competely why people would want to change the time to get them considering how hard they are to get normally.

Years
  • I've definitely done it. Really wanted a Mamoswine on my team but its unrealistic to wait potentially for days and days to get the perfect weather. I change the dates within reason though, and only change it to a date in the past where I actually had the game, so if I ever go back and look it doesnt look too much out of place.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • People have done it for years with others games, so if they haven't fixed it by now. I don't think it is considered cheating. It has been that way ever since the DS came out and they still haven't fixed it. So I think it is fair game.

With SwSh, sometimes you just can't get past a pokemon and are stuck there. Since not everyone has internet easily and Switch has a fairly weak connection, at least older models, they have no choice. They tried to fix it with Pokemon BW, I think, by pausing daily things, but then just gave up because people still did it.

Back