• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cards at Dollar Tree

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2016
    Has anyone spotted Pokemon card packs at dollar stores. Last week was the first time I went to one. I saw some yu gi oh card packs and a bunch of different repacked ccg cards for only a buck, but no Pokemon?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Noooo no no no buddy, don't fall for it. If pokemons not there it's probably because the creators got busted. I've actually bought Pokemon cards from a dollar tree before. And let me tell you- grimer shouldn't have 400 HP and a 5 energy retreat cost.

If it's at the dollar tree, there's a solid 80% chance they're counterfeit.

Racket

The TCG Professor
    Years
  • I've seen some at a dollar store. Didn't buy them. If they're not counterfit, then they're probably useless or next to useless for competitive play.

I've seen people just buy a bunch of boosters (usually in bulk) and sell the more valuable cards individually (or keep the ones they need) and sell the rest in packs of 100 for 15 bucks online.

The packs of 100 might actually be ok for kids and stuff (2 or 3 kids and 200-300 cards for them to try to make various decks out of might give them quite a bit of fun for a while). Might also be ok for collectors or people who need some energy.

Years
  • Noooo no no no buddy, don't fall for it. If pokemons not there it's probably because the creators got busted. I've actually bought Pokemon cards from a dollar tree before. And let me tell you- grimer shouldn't have 400 HP and a 5 energy retreat cost.

If it's at the dollar tree, there's a solid 80% chance they're counterfeit.
    Sorry for laughing, but that's so ridiculous. How did you react when you saw that?

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Sorry for laughing, but that's so ridiculous. How did you react when you saw that?

I cracked up, went inside, asked the manager on site if he knew they were counterfeit, he more or less denied all allegations, so I bought another, took a video of myself opening it - and SAID I'd report the store to Pokemon Company (who does have a means of reporting counterfeit cards) but I never did....

It was worth a laugh nonetheless. Like; all their pokemon had RIDICULOUS HP and Retreat costs. But the funny thing was like, none of the moves damages were buffed lol. It would take 20 turns for any of them to kill one another.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    Back in the day... Okay, saying that makes me feel really old...

When the Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge sets were relatively new, I used to see them at dollar tree. They were legit packs. My dad used to buy up all they had. Sometimes they'd have 10, sometimes they'd have 50. I think I even got some of the Neo sets from dollar tree.

I haven't seen any Pokemon cards at dollar tree in yeeeeears. There was this skeevy flea market I went to in North Carolina that had some fake cards for a buck a pack. I knew they'd be the hilarious 15000 hp cards so, I broke down and bought a pack just for kicks. Needless to say, they were quite hilarious.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2016
    Oh haha, but if they were illegal cards, then wouldn't dollar tree be in huge trouble already for letting that happen?

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2014
    I think the ones you're talking about might actually be real.

There's multiple Dollar Trees in the area near me that sell YGO and MTG repacks. It's like $1 and it comes with only 3 cards. They're all legit, but it's a total rip-off because they're ****** commons that aren't even worth the paying price.

If it's anything like a "legitimate" pack, you're more than likely going to get screwed because they're not real. If it's not an actual pack and appears to be just re-sealed in plastic, it's probably real, but I wouldn't waste the money because it's highly unlikely you get anything worthwhile.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2016

There's multiple Dollar Trees in the area near me that sell YGO and MTG repacks. It's like $1 and it comes with only 3 cards. They're all legit, but it's a total rip-off because they're ****** commons that aren't even worth the paying price.

If it's anything like a "legitimate" pack, you're more than likely going to get screwed because they're not real. If it's not an actual pack and appears to be just re-sealed in plastic, it's probably real, but I wouldn't waste the money because it's highly unlikely you get anything worthwhile.
    Yeah, IK, the YGO cards are "international". I saw some openings of the packs on youtube, and they are not bad. Some rare pulls.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2017
    I bought ten packages of Sun and Moon at the Dollar Tree and of the 30 I got a rainbow Taurus full art, 6 holos, 3 reverse holos, 1 rare and 19 commons. They were real Pokemon cards.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2017
    Just got a few of these guys at Dollar Tree today. I got 30, and emptied one of the boxes in the process. The cashier let me keep the box.

5NPBqgV.jpg

Last edited:

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • I got a pack of S&M Guardians Rising, they seem like legit cards although I don't know much about the Pokemon cards and I just buy them for the designs lol

Snorunt 60 HP
    Chilly 10
    Frost Breath 20

Vanillite 50 HP
    Triple Spin 10x

Lampent 80 HP
    Will-O-Wisp 30

Last edited:
    Years
  • So, I bought all boxes from there the other day? how much would you guys price them for on eBay? and sell the full box not individual packs correct?
    /Users/jessiejordan/Desktop/IMG_3876.JPG

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2020

I was going to say, the main problem is the fact that the cheap repacks are always "****** commons". Whenever there's a cheap bulk-buy option it's almost always a rip-off, even if the price looks great. Some YouTubers might unearth gems in their bulk-buys or dollar store boxes, but this is the exception rather than the rule.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2022
    We don't get these packs in the UK, however, I've seen some Youtube videos where people had got good pulls. They are few and far between though.

Back