• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] The 'Calico Critters'/Sylvanian Families fan club!

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
  • Along with my Korrina club (which i will check for more posts soon), I would also like to make a club related to this franchise.

Calico Critters (Sylvanian Families over in japan) is a series I just got into very very resently. I got into these little toys after watching the classic sylvanian families children's cartoon about 3 weeks ago (which i got second hand on dvd with a friend at a thrift shop this year).

I think these are just the most innocent little characters ever!!! They wear clothes very much like the types of clothes i loved as a kid (fancy, elegant, classicly feminine dresses with lacy features and very refinined colors <3). And, they're all cute and cuddly animals, too! :D And they value their families and live in sweet little woodland cottages x3; (in fact, the word 'sylvanian' means 'of the woods')

I plan on buying a few of the toys for myself with saved up change when the summer is over, too! I don't normally collect children's toys now as an adult, but these are easily an exception. They're extremely special to me (regardless of being a reasonably NEW interest, too!!!). And they seem like toys I would of been obsessed with in my childhood, too (i was typically more into 'pretty' things than 'cute' stuff as a child. and these toys defenetly have an ELEGANCE to them that i feel would of seriously appealed to me back then... :3 they also have the innocent appeal of something geared more towards a preschooler, too. and i used to watch preschool shows FOR HOURS pretty much daily as a child, too. especially cuz we didn't have cable! xD though i think its the innocence that really drawn me in overall.......cable or not o.o).

I hope other people will be interested in joining this club :) i feel this franchise 'sings' to me more than pretty much any other franchise does. It amazing i didn't really know much about these toys sooner. I'm 28 going on 29 now, too...xDDD hahaha.

Owner: LadyJirachu
    Co-Owner:
    Other Members:

Back