• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Untitled

Who should complete my party?

• Sigilyph

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Archeops

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Beehyem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just keep Petilil

• Other(write in)

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 6, 2021
    Hey all, I am new here and figured I'd skip the whole welcome thread thing because I have a question for you all and want to dive right in.

I just started to play back through Pokémon white and am working on filling out my team. Current team is as follows:

1. Dewott(Oshawott was starter)
    2. Joltik
    3. Cubchoo
    4. Golett
    5. Pawniard
    6. Petilil

I like Petilil but am not set on it, primarily because I'd like to have a flyer or Psychic type to go against fighting types. I used Unfezant my first time through and am not really a fan of it. I'd like Braviary but don't want to wait until route 11 for Rufflet. I should explain too that I traded some Pokémon over from my beaten version of Black 2, so I am still pretty early in the game(just at desert resort). So here's who I've considered(in no particular order):

1. Sigilyph
    2. Archeops
    3. Beehyem

Are there any other potential flyers or psychic types in unova I should consider or maybe haven't thought about? Do any of you think I should just keep Petilil? Let me know what you all think. :)

Years
  • Sigilyph is the best out of the three. Archeops is really disappointing Pokémon. It has cool design, but everything else is against it. Beehyem is fine, but it's still inferior to Sigilyph. There is also Swoobat, which is also Psychic/Flying-type, but it's a little bit worse Sigilyph. Then there is Water/Flying-type Swanna, which is fine flyer, but since you already have Water-type, I think it's still better to pick Sigilyph.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2021
    So I decided against Swoobat and Swanna for the reasons you cited. I'm curious though, what is disappointing about Archeops? When I looked up moves it could learn, it looked decent. I like that it can get some dragon moves for more coverage there(even though I have cubchoo, just more versatile to have someone else on my team with super effective moves against dragons), and I think I saw it can get aqua tail too. Seems decent at first glance. Please tell me more though. I've never used archeops, so idk. :)

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Archeops is unfortunately held back by its ability in Defeatist, which cuts its offensive powers by half if it's below the half HP threshold. You could make it work because it has Acrobatics and a decent Speed stat but you could also be relying on constantly healing whereas Sigilyph is the much more consistent option. Also, Magic Guard is really good too.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2021
    Fafrir, thanks for the explanation on Archeops. That helps. Well, you guys have convinced me, Sigilyph it is! Thanks for the input. As an aside, I just found out Golurk can learn fly! What? Crazy? Did anyone else know this? Blew my mind.

Thanks again to all who participated in helping me complete my team. For review, when they are all evolved this will be the team:
    1. Samurott
    2. Galvantula
    3. Golurk
    4. Bisharp
    5. Beartic
    6. Sigilyph

Back