• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Competitive] I need tips for building my own team

Years
  • Hello! I want to get back into competitive battling, and I want to learn more about in general. I need help with building my own team. I'm thinking about to build my own OU team, but I don't know where to start. Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Firstly, make sure you know the meta. Then decide on a playstyle and a mon or two you want to build around. Practicing with sample teams first is also a good idea.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    In my opinion start with Gen 1 OU, it makes your battling skills a lot better and makes you think about how momentum works in battles without the fluff of modern mechanics. From there in whatever metagame you want, go with offense, the battles are faster and you can more easily practice and move Pokemon around.

I am not saying stick with offense, you can switch later, I am a stall player myself.

Back