• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should I sell my cards now or wait?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 5, 2019
I started collecting Pokemon cards in 1999 as a youngster, and ended up with around 100 holographics and 250 or so rares. I have cards ranging from the base set to jungle, dark, gym challenge etc, amongst others, although I don't have any first editions or shadowless. I found my old collection a few weeks back when I was clearing out some stuff from my house, and when I checked it seems that around 90% of the cards I have are in absolutely mint condition. No scratches, tears, bends or anything like that. I have a full collection of holographics from the Team Rocket set as well, all in mint condition.

My question is, should I look towards selling them now or will they increase in price in the future? I know a lot of things DO increase in price the longer time goes on, but whether it's the case with Pokemon cards I don't know.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Years
I started collecting Pokemon cards in 1999 as a youngster, and ended up with around 100 holographics and 250 or so rares. I have cards ranging from the base set to jungle, dark, gym challenge etc, amongst others, although I don't have any first editions or shadowless. I found my old collection a few weeks back when I was clearing out some stuff from my house, and when I checked it seems that around 90% of the cards I have are in absolutely mint condition. No scratches, tears, bends or anything like that. I have a full collection of holographics from the Team Rocket set as well, all in mint condition.

My question is, should I look towards selling them now or will they increase in price in the future? I know a lot of things DO increase in price the longer time goes on, but whether it's the case with Pokemon cards I don't know.

Thank you.

I'd say it may be worth considering selling as while the market *may* grow, some of the holo rares of less popular Gen 1 Pokemon are on a bit of a price decline because the initial Pokemon Go surge of interest has largely worn off.

Back