• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] [FR] Trainer pokemon level scaling

Years
  • For the record, I have a small understanding of ASM and scripting. I can compile a routine and i can write a basic script. What im trying to do is a bit over my head.

Im trying to put HackMew's 'Get level' routine and set a trainers pokemon.
    Put '207337' after the equal sign in your url bar above to view HackMew's routine. I would post the link but i dont have 5 posts so PC isnt allowing me to.

The idea would be to set a trainers pokemon to the max level, min level or an average of the two.
    I can find a trainers offset and figure out which change the pokemons level but idk how to set it in some script before a trainer battle. Any ideas? Thank you!

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • You're in luck because JPAN's Engine (Which is almost an essential tool for any serious FR hack) already has a dynamic trainer and wild battle level routine in it. Make a backup of your ROM just in case and then apply the patch/ run the program/ insert the stand-alone .asm file. It comes with a lengthy instruction manual detailing all of the changes, with the two most visible differences being the removal of all base game scripts/ NPCs and dynamic respawning after whiting out so be sure to read about them. The part pertaining to the level hack is about two-thirds through the document, after special 0x59.

Hopefully that's what you're after.

Years
  • Looked into the hacked engine. My biggest concern is, i'm only trying to make a difficult fire red rom. I'm not trying to go all out and make an entire new game. If i used Jpan's hacked rom, do i have to rebuild the game from the ground up since all the scripts are gone? I believe so but id like some confirmation. Thank you for the info though! I always overlooked jpan's hack. Read the doc cover to cover. I will say most of it is over my head. If i may ask another question, where would you recommend i start to learn more about hacking? I read tutorials but tutorials do not touch half of the information jpan covers. Thank you for the reply

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2023
    Looked into the hacked engine. My biggest concern is, i'm only trying to make a difficult fire red rom. I'm not trying to go all out and make an entire new game. If i used Jpan's hacked rom, do i have to rebuild the game from the ground up since all the scripts are gone? I believe so but id like some confirmation. Thank you for the info though! I always overlooked jpan's hack. Read the doc cover to cover. I will say most of it is over my head. If i may ask another question, where would you recommend i start to learn more about hacking? I read tutorials but tutorials do not touch half of the information jpan covers. Thank you for the reply

If you use the 'Tool', then you won't have to rebuild the game, since it doesn't remove script

Last edited:
    Years
  • Do I use the tool on my ROM or do I have to use jpan's patch on over a clean room first. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

Back