• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th member for my team

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2020
    Building a team in Pokemon Shield. Here is what I have so far...

Lapras - Modest
    Freeze Dry
    Ice Beam
    Hydro Pump
    Perish Song

Gengar - Timid
    Shadow Ball
    Slude Wave
    Focus Blast
    Destiny Bond

Snorlax - Careful
    Crunch
    Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Curse

Haxorus - Adamant
    Poison Jab
    Earthquake
    Outrage
    Dragon Dance

Ferrothorn - Impish
    Power Whip
    Leech Seed
    Stealth Rock
    Protect

What am I missing? Who can help? Sorry if there is a separate section for these types of questions.

Last edited:

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Is this for online? Having the ev spreads and whatever unique abilities would help.

Ferrothorn wants Gyro Ball especially with fairies like Grimmsnarl everywhere.

The sole observation I have is this team struggles with defensive Corviknight, especially the bulk-up->substitute. Haxorus unfortunately only gets one fire move(its not physical). I'm sure the typical suggestion would be Rotom-H especially with the lack of electric type moves here. Its just the typical Corvi switch-in so people are prepared for it however..Its great for the pivot volt-switch though.

I also don't see a (direct) answer for opposing Ferrothorn either except for focus blast Gengar(which funnily enough after discussing Gyro Ball, doing the calcs Focus blast is a 30% chance to miss attack that only 2HKOs Ferro but Ferro has a chance to OHKO with Gyro Ball uninvested in attack due to the speed difference.)

I just used the sampled EVs the calc gave me but I still think it makes the point:

252 SpA Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 36+ SpD Ferrothorn: 106-126 (58.5 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 121-144 (89.6 - 106.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

If not Rotom-H..Throat Spray Toxtricity is a great Corviknight counter and electric type. It also learns Fire Punch if you go mixed.

AdmiralOllie

Explorer of Websites
    Years
  • Not to be stereotypical, but perhaps a Bold Gardevoir/Gallade?

Held Item: Choice Band or Life Orb
    Moves: Calm Mind, Moonblast, Psylock, Reversal (for Gallade), Night Slash (for Gardevoir)

Back