• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just... why exactly is Dual chop a Dragon move?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Yes, that is literally the only point of this thread: explain why is Dual chop a Dragon move. I think I first heard of this move in one of the game's guide books that reccommended a move to use to kill dragons and it mentioned Dual chop, and I was like 'What?'. And then I found out that it was actually in fact a Dragon move, and not a Fighting or Normal move even though that seemed to be the case.

But... why is it Dragon? The alternate names don't really suggest anything, it is described as 'Hitting the opponent with 2 brutal chops'. Is it Dragon because it's a rough attack? Might as well say Double edge and Close combat should be Dragon too by that logic? Seriously though, why is Dual chop a Dragon move?

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    It was created as the signature move of the Axew line. In the original Black and White, the Axew line along with Gabite and Garchomp were the only ones that could learn it by any means. It became a tutor move in b2w2 and, I guess, after that the reasoning behind it being dragon was gone.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Maybe it's a mix up with translation? But I agree, some moves seem to have no business having the typing they do. Razor Wind not being a Flying attack. Mega Punch/Kick being Normal. Pollen Puff being Bug.

It's just an odd choice they made with some of those moves, aha.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • The original name for the move is 'Double chop' or something that pretty much means the same thing so chances are it unfortunately might not be a mistranslation.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Because it literally used to be a signature move of a Dragon type. That's it. That's the tea. That's why it's a dragon type attack. Also, the energy is purple, and purple is associated with the Dragon type, so.

Back