• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Pokemon Sun and Moon(Anime)worth watching?

XxAsterxX

Moon Black 2 Developer
Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2023
    what would you rate Pokemon sun and Moon anime. I never bothered watching it since they changed the animations but is it good?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I may not be the best judge since I haven't seen much, but I would say so. It defiantly feels like a big departure from the other series but I enjoy the slice of life approach it took, and I think Pokemon as actual beings gets much more of a focus which I love.

The art style change is fine, except for previous characters like Ash, Meowth, Jesse, James, two cameos, and maybe some others. But for original characters, they actually look really good.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    The SM anime is nowhere near as good as it could be, but it's not out and out painful to watch like other Seasons have been.

When it's good, it's good and when it's bad, it's spectacularly bad and there's only been maybe a few outstanding episodes so far.

But it's much better to see it for yourself and draw your own conclusion

One thing I cannot suggest enough though: avoid the dub
    It does unholy things to the soundtrack and removes a lot of emotional impact from the series overall, especially when it comes to the voices of some characters

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Eh, I was going to avoid watching the dub anyways since it's being distributed by Disney, and thanks to some... stupidity this year by that group, I can't allow myself to watch SM, or purchase any other Disney distributed thing (unless it's something like Star Wars, and even THERE, only if its creation or its contents creation predates the Disney acquisition of 2012).

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Eh, I was going to avoid watching the dub anyways since it's being distributed by Disney, and thanks to some... stupidity this year by that group, I can't allow myself to watch SM, or purchase any other Disney distributed thing (unless it's something like Star Wars, and even THERE, only if its creation or its contents creation predates the Disney acquisition of 2012).

So you're not going to watch Misty&Brock episodes??

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Then he should watch it subbed.. He's been waiting for misty to return for so long now lol

I'll watch it subbed if I must. I'll stop boycotting Disney either when they proceed to stop with their stupidity (like a certain event at Walt Disney World, pushing certain stuff in their cartoons, movies, ESPN or anything like that), or, barring that, at least when Bob Iger isn't part of Disney anymore. And I'm not happy at all about the boycott because, aside from my really looking forward to seeing Misty return, I also really like Ariel the Little Mermaid, and now I'm forced to avoid her thanks to the stupidity and anti-family values material Bob Iger's trying to cram into Disney. And once either of those conditions are met, I'll make sure I watch the dub.

In fact, probably the only exceptions I'll allow for in the boycott are stuff that were technically predating any of Disney's purchases like with Star Wars, like old Marvel and Dark Horse comics anthologies or RPG books for it, and that's only because, again, they were made prior to Disney purchasing Star Wars.

It's a sad bit of irony. Misty's returning, meaning I'm probably going to call off the boycott on Pokémon products, and I can't even watch the Pokémon episode where she returns in terms of the dub thanks to another boycott that's completely unrelated to Pokémon other than SM being inconveniently aired on one of the channels used by another distributor I'm boycotting. Why couldn't Cartoon Network air the dub? I mean, yeah, sure, I don't have Cartoon Network anymore either thanks to forsaking Cable due to questionable decisions by our provider, but at least I could watch it online.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    No, not really. With ash not going to the league in the region, the SM saga is boring and Lillie made things worse in my opinion. Sinnoh was the last great region and saga before it gone down from the start of unova in my opinion.

So SM anime is not worth watching in my opinion.

Last edited:

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
    Years
  • In my view, it's not worth it. It has a few good episodes like most sagas, but the lack of a serious storyline hurts it. It's quite literally just about a kid and some monsters goofing off in Hawaii; you could watch Lilo & Stitch: The Series instead and get the same viewing experience.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Realized I never actually addressed the topic at hand.

Well, other than Misty and Brock's return, there's barely anything worth watching regarding this series, considering the fact that really screwed over Ash big time by forcing him into a school environment and essentially putting off his Pokémon Master goal.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Realized I never actually addressed the topic at hand.

Well, other than Misty and Brock's return, there's barely anything worth watching regarding this series, considering the fact that really screwed over Ash big time by forcing him into a school environment and essentially putting off his Pokémon Master goal.

You probably did because there are two versions of this topic created by the same author(this one be the duplicate if im not mistaken).

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    You probably did because there are two versions of this topic created by the same author(this one be the duplicate if im not mistaken).

I was meaning directly responding to the topic at hand. I did make a post here, but it was more going by the whole thing about how, thanks to Disney, I can't watch the dub rather than something relating to the show itself and whether it's worth watching.

Years
  • Sun and Moon anime is a good bag of mix feeling.

You can like it sometimes, but other time your like " why am i watching this"

I did like it when the first episode aired but right now I actually don't watch it unless the episode pop out on youtube.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Sun & Moon series is okay but it can really used a lot of interesting storylines.

The whole idea of Ash being in School was a very stupid idea to begin with.

I'm glad Misty and Brock are back, at least for now anyways.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The Misty episodes for this are probably going to be the only reason I'd even attempt to watch Sun and Moon, to be honest, and this time around, Disney or not, I will make sure I watch it. I've had to go for far too long to not watch Pokemon due to Misty's removal, I am NOT going to let myself not watch Pokemon even if Disney's the one distributing it. I talked it over, and I decided to make an exception to my current Disney boycott so I can savor the victory.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Yeah. Watching the episodes of brock and misty is the only thing that has made the anime look better so far. The rest did not impressed me especially with lillie around.

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
  • I would watch it. Purely because it's pokemon, after all.
    Fanboyisms get the best of me :)

I always found pokemon to be cute.
    Not really cringe or embarrassing.

Just me though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, okay, other than Misty and Brock possibly returning in Alola, their recent announcement of an Alola league will probably make watching this a bit more tolerable.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2017
    I'd say yes because I can't get enough of Ash and Pikachu, it also has the chance to surprise you. Does it have flaws? Yes. Does it have positives? Also yes.

Back