• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite gen 2 ground type?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Mine is Dunsparce, jk. Though it could have been ground, it's a land snake after all.

Quagsire has that fantastic Water/Ground typing which makes it my fav and it's derpy and adorable

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think I got to go with Steelix. I always thought Brock's Onix was just so cool-looking, and definitely remember the tough love he gave me in Pokemon Yellow-- practically flaying me alive.

Then in GS Onix got this intimidating-looking evolution that made him a lot more solid as a Pokemon with the steel dual typing. He really appreciated the stat increases, especially that beautiful defense and so many nifty new tools from curse to roar. Over the years he continues to steadily find ways to better himself from his new abilities in gen 3 like sturdy to his mega in gen 6. Did I mention how much I love those crystals on his back?

Jasmine is my favorite Johto gym leader by far. She is beautiful on the outside and within. She teaches you about empathy and perseverence, and having a Steelix as her signature Pokemon is just awesome. All that steel hidden under the velvet, beauty and the beast.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Larvitar... which is apparently ground type lmao had no clue. Otherwise Donphan / Piloswine lines. I think I used Swinub a few times but I think it was found too late in the game to be any real use which is a huge shame.

Years
  • Once again, there are many Ground-Types in 2nd GEN that I like... But if I'm forced to pick only one, I would go with Donphan. I like its design and it helped me so much in ORAS.

Years
  • I have played with a geodude in second generageneration (gold,silver and crystal).
    It has been helpful through out my journey. When it evolved into golem, every battle became easy, i was able to beat lance's dragonite easily with him. So, probaly he is my favourite gen 2 ground type pokemon.

Back