• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with Elite 4 SS team?

Lolcatcomics

Novice Geek
Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    Hi! I've been trying to beat the Elite 4 on my Pokemon Soul Silver game, but have thrice lost to lance by a hair. well, maybe more than a hair. perhaps a ponytail. but still, it was kind of close, OK?
    Anyways, I'm looking for suggestions as to what Pokemon i should put on my team, what moves to teach them, and other helpful stuff like that. here are the Pokemon i have available to me:

157.png

Typhlosion- lv.52
    no item
    Impish
    Ability:Blaze
    Moves:
    Blast Burn
    Fire Blast
    Flamethrower
    Return (considering switching this to fighting type move.)

135.png

Jolteon- lv.40
    Item:Shell bell
    Jolly
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Moves:
    Thunder
    Iron Tail
    Shadow Ball
    Strength

176.png

Togetic- lv.32
    no item
    Docile
    Ability:Hustle
    Moves:
    Extrasensory
    Metronome
    Hyper Beam
    Fly

249.png

Lugia- lv.47
    no item
    Quirky
    Ability:Pressure
    Moves:
    Extrasensory
    Rain Dance
    Hydro Pump
    Aeroblast

148.png

Dragonair- lv.33
    Item: Exp. Share
    Timid
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Moves:
    ExtremeSpeed
    Thunder Wave
    Aqua Tail
    Dragon Rage
    (thinking about adding dragon pulse from 8th gym TM?)

491.png

Darkrai- lv.59
    Item: Cleanse Tag
    Calm
    Ability: Bad Dreams
    Moves:
    Hypnosis
    Nightmare
    Roar of Time
    Spacial Rend
    (this one's real fun to show to any of my friends who beat D/P "oh, your Palkia knows Spacial Rend? so does this guy along with roar of time. :laugh: )

488.png

Cresselia- lv.58
    no item
    Bashful
    Ability: levitate
    Moves:
    Moonlight
    Aurora Beam
    Future Sight
    Slash (...?)

395.png

Empoleon- lv.55
    Item: Mystic Water
    Hardy
    Ability:Torrent
    Moves:
    Blizzard
    Bubblebeam
    Cut (i didn't know you couldn't delete HM moves!)
    Drill Peck

398.png

Staraptor- lv.59
    Item: Sky Plate
    Modest
    Ability:Intimidate
    Moves:
    Close Combat
    Fly
    Defog (seriously, me, WTF?!)
    Aerial Ace

429.png

Mismagius- lv.56
    Item: Red Shard
    Bold
    Ability:levitate
    Moves:
    Flash(Facepalm)
    Shadow Ball
    Pain Split
    Psybeam

386em.png

Deoxys- lv.54
    Item: NeverMeltIce
    Naive
    Moves:
    Psycho Boost
    Zap Cannon
    Iron Defense
    ExtremeSpeed
    (this is weird... i can't find any sprites that mach the one on my screen... i'm guessing it's speed form, because that's the one it most closely resembles and the speed stat is the highest...)

483.png

Dialgia- lv.49
    no item
    Lonely
    Moves:
    Metal Claw
    AncientPower
    Dragon Claw
    Roar of Time

479.png

Rotom- lv.32
    no item
    Rash
    Ability: levitate
    Moves:
    Uproar
    Double Team
    Shock Wave
    Ominous Wind

Whew! that's a lot of pokemon! this is, as you may have guessed from the Empoleons and Staraptors that this is also from my diamond game. any and all help would be appreciated greatly! thanks!

(sprites from dragonflycave sprite generator)

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2021
    Generally unless you are at a huge disadvantage that prevent you from surviving multiple hits, you can always set up with X-Items, you can purchase them in the Goldenrod City department store. These items will give a steep bonus to stats for the duration of the battle (or until you switch out).

You should be able to muscle your way through Lance without changing or traning your team too much.
    Your best bets are either Empoleon or Dialga. Lance starts with a Gyarados that will be completely walled by Empleon and won't be able to do too much to Dialga either.

If you want to use Dialga - teach it Dragon Pulse use an X-Speed, X-Special on Dialga after that you should be able to OHKO or almost OHKO any of his Pokémon with Dragon Pulse. Gyarados may survive on Dragon Pulse so you could use Roar of Time, but it has a 10% chance of missing.
    Use Hyper Potions as needed to heal up.

For Empoleon teach it Surf just use some X-Specials, maybe an X-Speed, heal up whenever needed and take out any Dragonite with Blizzard. For Charizard/Aerodactyl use Surf. For Gyarados you may need a few more, but if you use Blizzard you may run out of PP.

This is a relatively conservative strategy, you can also start off the battle with an X-Defend for some extra safety. You should also be able to beat him out without X-Items but you may need to use more Potions to do so. Don't forget to use Ethers, Elixiers, and Max Ethers as needed before Lance.

Some more advice for your team:
    Typhlosion
    - Get the charcoal from a house in Azelea town
    - Consider the following moves: Earthquake (or Dig), Focusblast (TM53 - Goldenrod department store) to increase coverage. Most likely candidates for replacement here are Fire Blast & Return.

Empoleon
    - Replace Bubble Beam with Surf
    - Cut can be removed in a house in Blackthorn City
    - You can teach it Ice Beam, but it is a very valuable/expensive TM
    - Grass Knot is an option but you only get 1 TM
    - Flash Cannon is an option but Steel Type does not get many Super Effective hits.

Back