• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with Elite 4 SS team?

Lolcatcomics

Novice Geek
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
Hi! I've been trying to beat the Elite 4 on my Pokemon Soul Silver game, but have thrice lost to lance by a hair. well, maybe more than a hair. perhaps a ponytail. but still, it was kind of close, OK?
Anyways, I'm looking for suggestions as to what Pokemon i should put on my team, what moves to teach them, and other helpful stuff like that. here are the Pokemon i have available to me:

157.png

Typhlosion- lv.52
no item
Impish
Ability:Blaze
Moves:
Blast Burn
Fire Blast
Flamethrower
Return (considering switching this to fighting type move.)

135.png

Jolteon- lv.40
Item:Shell bell
Jolly
Ability: Volt Absorb
Moves:
Thunder
Iron Tail
Shadow Ball
Strength

176.png

Togetic- lv.32
no item
Docile
Ability:Hustle
Moves:
Extrasensory
Metronome
Hyper Beam
Fly

249.png

Lugia- lv.47
no item
Quirky
Ability:Pressure
Moves:
Extrasensory
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Aeroblast

148.png

Dragonair- lv.33
Item: Exp. Share
Timid
Ability: Shed Skin
Moves:
ExtremeSpeed
Thunder Wave
Aqua Tail
Dragon Rage
(thinking about adding dragon pulse from 8th gym TM?)

491.png

Darkrai- lv.59
Item: Cleanse Tag
Calm
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves:
Hypnosis
Nightmare
Roar of Time
Spacial Rend
(this one's real fun to show to any of my friends who beat D/P "oh, your Palkia knows Spacial Rend? so does this guy along with roar of time. :laugh: )

488.png

Cresselia- lv.58
no item
Bashful
Ability: levitate
Moves:
Moonlight
Aurora Beam
Future Sight
Slash (...?)

395.png

Empoleon- lv.55
Item: Mystic Water
Hardy
Ability:Torrent
Moves:
Blizzard
Bubblebeam
Cut (i didn't know you couldn't delete HM moves!)
Drill Peck

398.png

Staraptor- lv.59
Item: Sky Plate
Modest
Ability:Intimidate
Moves:
Close Combat
Fly
Defog (seriously, me, WTF?!)
Aerial Ace

429.png

Mismagius- lv.56
Item: Red Shard
Bold
Ability:levitate
Moves:
Flash(Facepalm)
Shadow Ball
Pain Split
Psybeam

386em.png

Deoxys- lv.54
Item: NeverMeltIce
Naive
Moves:
Psycho Boost
Zap Cannon
Iron Defense
ExtremeSpeed
(this is weird... i can't find any sprites that mach the one on my screen... i'm guessing it's speed form, because that's the one it most closely resembles and the speed stat is the highest...)

483.png

Dialgia- lv.49
no item
Lonely
Moves:
Metal Claw
AncientPower
Dragon Claw
Roar of Time

479.png

Rotom- lv.32
no item
Rash
Ability: levitate
Moves:
Uproar
Double Team
Shock Wave
Ominous Wind

Whew! that's a lot of pokemon! this is, as you may have guessed from the Empoleons and Staraptors that this is also from my diamond game. any and all help would be appreciated greatly! thanks!

(sprites from dragonflycave sprite generator)

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2021
Generally unless you are at a huge disadvantage that prevent you from surviving multiple hits, you can always set up with X-Items, you can purchase them in the Goldenrod City department store. These items will give a steep bonus to stats for the duration of the battle (or until you switch out).

You should be able to muscle your way through Lance without changing or traning your team too much.
Your best bets are either Empoleon or Dialga. Lance starts with a Gyarados that will be completely walled by Empleon and won't be able to do too much to Dialga either.

If you want to use Dialga - teach it Dragon Pulse use an X-Speed, X-Special on Dialga after that you should be able to OHKO or almost OHKO any of his Pokémon with Dragon Pulse. Gyarados may survive on Dragon Pulse so you could use Roar of Time, but it has a 10% chance of missing.
Use Hyper Potions as needed to heal up.

For Empoleon teach it Surf just use some X-Specials, maybe an X-Speed, heal up whenever needed and take out any Dragonite with Blizzard. For Charizard/Aerodactyl use Surf. For Gyarados you may need a few more, but if you use Blizzard you may run out of PP.

This is a relatively conservative strategy, you can also start off the battle with an X-Defend for some extra safety. You should also be able to beat him out without X-Items but you may need to use more Potions to do so. Don't forget to use Ethers, Elixiers, and Max Ethers as needed before Lance.

Some more advice for your team:
Typhlosion
- Get the charcoal from a house in Azelea town
- Consider the following moves: Earthquake (or Dig), Focusblast (TM53 - Goldenrod department store) to increase coverage. Most likely candidates for replacement here are Fire Blast & Return.

Empoleon
- Replace Bubble Beam with Surf
- Cut can be removed in a house in Blackthorn City
- You can teach it Ice Beam, but it is a very valuable/expensive TM
- Grass Knot is an option but you only get 1 TM
- Flash Cannon is an option but Steel Type does not get many Super Effective hits.

Back