• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] JPAN's shiny battle special 0x51 question

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi all,

Okay here is my problem:

I want to make a certain route only contain shiny pokemon, so I put the following script as a 05 Level Script.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    special 0x51
    end

It works perfectly when in the route. But what the special does is making any Pokemon that will be encountered next appear shiny, also after the route has been left. And when encountering the first Pokemon on another route it's not intended to be shiny.

I don't have any knowledge of ASM hacking so I don't have any knowledge about how the command works. I just know it uses a some kind flag that is either turned on or off, but I have no idea which one or how to find it.

Can anyone help me with this?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2022
    From what information I read, the special 0x51 is set to on when entering the route, but isn't turning off after leaving the route.
    Solution 1: Applying a script at the end of the route that uses special 0x51 to turn off the flag.
    Solution 2: Only using special 0x51 when the player is in the grass, and when leaving grass turns it off.
    Solution 3: Adding a level script for every map connected to the route, that turns off the flag.
    Solution 1 is your best choice for this problem.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    From what information I read, the special 0x51 is set to on when entering the route, but isn't turning off after leaving the route.
    Solution 1: Applying a script at the end of the route that uses special 0x51 to turn off the flag.
    Solution 2: Only using special 0x51 when the player is in the grass, and when leaving grass turns it off.
    Solution 3: Adding a level script for every map connected to the route, that turns off the flag.
    Solution 1 is your best choice for this problem.

Well the problem is that I don't know how to turn off the flag that is used by special 0x51. Using special 0x51 again doesn't turn the flag off.

The flag is only automatically turned off by encountering a pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2022
    Well, thanks to the fact JPAN documented most of the specials, including the shiny one, I was able to find out that if you use
    Spoiler:

that it turns off the flag.

Back