• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Battle Graphics?

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    What do you think will the battle system look different than gen 6? More realistic battles? I'm saying this because in the concept art for Sun/Moon I saw someone drawing a Pikachu in different angles, ON PAPER. Does this have anything to tell us about? What do you think? I hope this is not my Second post on this forum which has been already made...

Years
  • Given it appears the 3D rendering looks more advanced in the overworld, I could imagine some more advanced rendering happening for the battle scenes. I feel like they could be more scaled now, like on Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    I think the battle might not be a standing battle anymore, because of the NX in future. Maybe a 6th generation-like graphics + hurting scenes and moving around the field after being hurt.

pkmin3033

Well, I certainly hope they've improved the visuals of the games with these games, as they've had two games to get it right and have failed spectacularly in both of them. XY and ORAS most definitely did not push the 3DS to its limits, and in my opinion the 3D models of the Pokemon are a step down from the classic sprites. Things need to be more...vibrant, I guess. Not quite so gritty, textureless, and generally half-finished. Whilst graphics do not make a game, I would love to see them improve the visuals so it feels more like Pokemon again.

Years
  • I did like the smoothness of most of the 6th Gen models, but I do agree with Meloetta that they seriously lacked colour. What I want to see with the models in this game is for them to not just be rendered well, but coloured well a la 3rd-5th Gen sprites because it would be more appealing to look at.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    If they can get the quality of models trainers had in Battle in ORAS and XY to the overworld I will be happy.

Back