• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Drinking?

Lumine

Basement Cat
Years
  • Judging from peoples post, I guess I'm not wanted here cause I do love drinking =P (not that much nowadays) my parents don't really care, they trust me with it anyways lulz.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
    Years
  • Every Friday and Saturday Night!
    Me and me mates start drinkin around 2 in the arvo.
    Prob buy a slab of bear or a bottle of beam and that should last the weekend.
    If we are lucky there will be a good party on.
    If not just drinkin at a mates.
    Seein we are to young to go to the pub yet.​

Cloud_85

Templar Patriarch
    Years
  • Well, I drink a little, but I don't like get drunk. IT'S NOT FUNNY be the others fun!. It's something that I don't really proud...
    I hate cigaretes and I NEVER wiil consume drugs.

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • lul

If you drink a glass, how is that 'bad'?

How dare you talk to me in that manner D: XD lul

Alcohol is bad in every possible way, but go ahead, you live your life like you want to.

For instance:
    - It's addictive
    - It makes you do stuff you don't want to do
    - It causes traffic accidents
    - It makes people agressive
    - It costs money

Can you tell me what you like about it?

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • So you're saying if you're 20, you shouldn't be allowed to go down the pub to have a few beers or something after work?
    :<

If you're brought up with it you don't see the harm in it as someone who isn't, the people who are not brought up with it see harm in it, as it's different.

:<

Erm... I'm not 20. I never said I was 20. Look at my profile: it says 13.

And yeah, I have experienced the problems that it causes, so don't think I don't know what I'm talking about.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Alcohol is bad in every possible way, but go ahead, you live your life like you want to.

For instance:
    - It's addictive
    - It makes you do stuff you don't want to do
    - It causes traffic accidents
    - It makes people agressive
    - It costs money

Can you tell me what you like about it?

Actually, most of what you posted is untrue. Unless you have no willpower whatsoever. >_< Alcohol doesn't make people more aggressive, it makes aggressive people stupider. xD As well, only complete idiots would actually drive home drunk.

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • Okay, you guys have a point there.
    It's just that some people are to weak to resist.
    And to stupid to think they can't cause accidents.

But it does make people more agressive and impulsive, though.
    Ofcourse there are people who just get relaxed or sleepy of it, and not angry at all, but once again: not all people are like that.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • Oh, stop trying to make people drink.
    Drinking and getting 'hammered' is pathetic and you freakin' know it.

Woah, woah, woah. Now who's trying to impose their morals on others? Chill, dude. Drinking a little won't hurt much. Omah's not encouraging you to go get smashed, he's simply saying that it's not as bad as people make it out to be. In fact, having a glass of wine is good for you. My friend has a liver disease and his doctor even encouraged him to have one alcoholic beverage a week, as it keeps his liver healthy [though any more than one is bad for him].

I'm 17 and in college, I'd be flat out lying if I said I've never had a drink. I don't go to parties, and I don't get wasted. I just don't feel like doing something I know I'll regret later. I've never even been buzzed. The most I've ever had at a time has been half a can, and I was around sober people I trust.

If you have the self control to not drink, then I respect that. Good for you. It doesn't mean that drinking is bad.

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • Okay, okay, you guys are right xD

But I think that people who have been caught drunk behind the weel or who caused trouble while being wasted shouldn't be allowed to drink anymore.

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • Eh, I can see why you'd want that.
    I do believe in second chances though. Sometimes people can make mistakes.
    After two times though, then yeah, there's a problem with the person.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    Now that I remember, I used to drink wine coolers when I was twelve and I didn't know they had any alcoholic content. xD;

Is it just me or is this thread just about Waka trying to justify his drinking? xD

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • Probably right, omahawk (or whatever your name is).

Second chances are alright, but after a warning people should know they're doing wrong.
    And people who cause deadly accidents while drunk driving, where people die, should be behind bars for the rest of their lives.

Years
  • i'm starting to see the difference here between people who spend their lives reading, writing, and playing video games, and people who actually have fun. I for one highly enjoy drinking. It has allowed me to meet so many new friends and just to be crazy and everyone knows why :D. as long as your responsible, don't even let people tell you its not cool, because ~80% of americans drink. plus if you do something crazy when your drunk, people will think your fun to be around drunk and you'll get invited to parties.

Devil_Silver

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • i'm starting to see the difference here between people who spend their lives reading, writing, and playing video games, and people who actually have fun (1). I for one highly enjoy drinking. It has allowed me to meet so many new friends (2) and just to be crazy and everyone knows why :D. as long as your responsible, don't even let people tell you its not cool, because ~80% of americans drink (2). plus if you do something crazy when your drunk, people will think your fun to be around drunk and you'll get invited to parties(2).

1: So, you think you can only have fun while drinking?
    2: It's obvious you drink to become part of the crew.
    You do it because 'everyone who's cool' does it, and you're afraid people won't like you anymore if you don't drink.

People like you just drink to be interesting.
    Well, I can tell you your 'awesome new friends' will leave you if you behave like you are. They like you because you drink.

I nearly envie you, infact, I'm glad I don't have to drink to make friends.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Okay, I used to think the same thing when I was thirteen, saying I would never drink. I grew up with two parents who seldom or never drank (my Father doesn't and my mother only occasionally). No one in my family is an alcoholic or a druggie or anything. So I never had an interest in doing it. I didn't drink until I was a Junior in High School. At first, I repulsed at the taste of beer. I literally almost threw up after a tiny sip. But eventually, just hanging out with my friends, I grew to drink it more and was able to tolerate it.

Honestly, my brother makes fun of me because I drink. He doesn't understand what's the fun about losing control of your body. This is an opinion a good amount of you seem to hold. However, it's just fun to chill with your friends or go to a bar. We never drive though. That's just stupid. We take a taxi if we're out or have a designated driver who never drinks. We don't want anyone dying on us. Or if we're at a friend's house/apartment, we lock our keys up in a cabinet. This way, we wouldn't even be able to get to them because we would be too intoxicated to figure out the lock.

I've smoked marijuana a few times. I can honestly say it's not as bad as the media seems to make it. I totally agree with legalization of it as well.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    No, I don't drink. I just don't feel like doing it, it's a simple as that. I see nothing wrong with having an occasional drink, but it just doesn't sound like my kind of thing.
    i'm starting to see the difference here between people who spend their lives reading, writing, and playing video games, and people who actually have fun. I for one highly enjoy drinking. It has allowed me to meet so many new friends and just to be crazy and everyone knows why :D. as long as your responsible, don't even let people tell you its not cool, because ~80% of americans drink. plus if you do something crazy when your drunk, people will think your fun to be around drunk and you'll get invited to parties.
    Reading is fun, writing is fun and playing video games is fun so how the heck am I not having fun while I do those things? I'm currently enjoying life much more than I've done in any other stage of my life and it sure isn't because of alcohol. If you can't have fun without getting drunk then that's just fine with me. Just don't try to decide what's fun for other people. I don't know about you, but I can enjoy life in many different ways without intoxicating my body and you have absolutely no right to say what I should- or shouldn't enjoy doing.

And how does the fact that 80% of Americans drink make it cool? I do understand why some people drink, but if you drink just for the sake of blending in with the rest just shows a big lack of willpower. I can, to some extent, understand getting drunk while hanging out with some friends, but drinking for the sake of drinking is just stupid.

Back