• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Non-Legendary worthy of Legendary status!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • The first two that come to mind are Electivire & Magmortar. There's a reason for this.

According to rumours (I don't know if they were true or not), when Pokemon's first games were about to be released the trio of Jynx/Electabuzz/Magmar were in consideration to be the three Legendaries, but later the trio of Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres was created & that status was given to them.

Apart from that, both have awesome designs, decent movesets, can learn moves to cover their weaknesses, have good stats (both have Defenses of 67, which might be a bit low, but I think they're capable of taking a few hits) & have the ability to be used as sweepers.

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
  • Arcanine, Archeops, Volcarona all three have higher bst than any other poemons not counting the pseudo legendaries. And Slaking obviously. The porygon line are the only human made pokemon that isn't a legendary.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • It's whoever you want that isn't a Legendary to be a Legendary, regardless of whether or not it has evolutions. :P I understand Legendaries having evolutions hasn't been a thing since forever, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be, especially for certain Pokemon that are probably a lot stronger than your garden variety ones, so to speak.

It's my own opinion anyways, so take that how you will, haha.
    Exactly!

Speaking of Legendaries evolving, while not "officially" counted as an "Evolution", Mega Evolutions are, well... evolutions. And Legendaries like Mewtwo, the Lati duo, Rayquaza, can Mega Evolve.

Another non-legendary that comes to mind immediately, is Arcanine, coz its Species is "Legendary", so :t360:

Pika Pika :chu:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Spiritomb, considering its lore, Arcanine, given its classification, and Gyarados...I guess?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2021
    I'm going to say Rotom. And here's why.
    1) When encountered, the legendary theme plays.
    2) In a randomizer (4th gen and up) (if selected), there is a chance for a legendary to be replaced with Rotom.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I agree with Volcarona, Zoarark, Spiritomb, and Rotom, as they all have somewhat story related stuff

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Definitely Volcarona for sure. Like... It has its own worship temple. It lies under the sand. It really deserved that status :( Alola better treat it like a legend imo.

The Oranguru Way

ukulelel
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2016
    Arcanine was heavily hinted to be a legendary early on. Its species is 'Legendary', it was on a tile along with the three birds in the anime, etc. And heck, it looks gorgeous (in my opinion). So Arcanine, without a doubt.

Type: Null is a good contender as well. It's odd, very odd, dubiously odd. It was artificially engineered (like Mewtwo, Genesect), and the official website says that it was made such that its power rivalled that of pokemon spoken of in myth.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
    Years
  • I'm going to say Kingdra. His stat coverage is above average across the board, and he's only got 2 weaknesses. Both of which are uncommon types.

If that's not good enough, I'll say Rampardos. His base attack stat is #2 on the chart for highest attack stat of any pokemon currently in existence. 2nd only to Deoxy's attack form. If that wasn't enough, he also has Mold Breaker, and can learn Head Smash. The definition of a Rock-type god.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Aegislash is one that springs to mind. It has a killer ability and it can be extremely dangerous if set up correctly. I love the design and concept behind Aegislash, having Stance Change really makes it worthy of being a legendary imo.

Back