• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are the Evolution stones natural or man-made?

Years
  • This is something I have been thinking about, are the evolutions stones mined, or are they stones that were made to help pokemon evolve faster?

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
  • DarkraiDragon said:
    Back in the eevee brothers' episode of the animé, the JJM TRio was digging, seeking for evolutionary stones.
    Most evolutionary stones can also be unearthed in the Sinnoh underground.
    So those rocks are pretty much natural.
    Now that you mention it, however, gemstones CAN be replicated in a lab,
    I don't know however if in any of the canon continuities the "making" of evolutionary stones
    was ever mentioned.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My gut instinct was that they were natural, but having designs on the insides of them makes me say they're artificial... to an extent. Maybe they're part of a larger formation like the mossy and icy rocks that evolve Eevee, and there's just enough of the rock inside the man-made stones that it still triggers an evolution.

Back