• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Now I'm certainly doing it wrong

Whimsyful

Tomfooler-er Extraordinaire
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 25, 2014
    Huzzah, another team, this one for Soul Silver.

But this one comes with a whole new set of problems. The sixth team member. I'm not certain what to coordinate.

Here are the 'definite' five, to begin with.

Nanab (Vaporeon)
    Water Absorb
    Bold

Substitute
    Wish
    Baton Pass
    Surf

252 HP 128 Def 128 Spe

Another one lifted from Smogon, I'm shamed to admit. But it was too effective for me to pass up. I can't stand the possibility of being completely shut down by Taunt, which is the reasoning behind Surf, but I don't plan for Vaporeon to be doing any damage. The focus here is healing and defending my team mates with large substitutes. I don't always use Surf, but when I do, I make sure it hooks up with a weakness. It's not the best Ground Counter, but it will pick up for Honchkrow when that Ground comes with an added Rock.

Bluk (Aggron)
    Rock Head
    Adamant

Lum Berry

Head Smash
    Aqua Tail
    Toxic
    Outrage

252 Att 4 Def 252 Spe

His existence is here to rip holes in anything that moves. STAB Head Smash without fear of recoil? Who wouldn't adore that? Aqua Tail is there for coverage, Toxic will wear down tanks that disagree with death, and Outrage is there for nuetral hits on nearly everything else. Lum Berry will stop any burn or that nasty confusion. Unless it happens again.

Cheri (Honchkrow)
    Super Luck
    Jolly

Night Slash
    Superpower
    Brave Bird
    Thunder Wave

4HP 252Att 252 Spe

Another standard source of destruction. I'm playing to both of her STABS, and Superpower to mop up them haters who don't like the way I'm rollin'. Thunder Wave will likely see very little use, but Honchkrow's movepool doesn't hold any other good physical moves besides Return, which I've considered. But Thunder Wave will have a use in crippling anything (which is most things) that will outspeed Cheri. I denied the option of Roost for Vaporeon's plentiful wishes.

Razz (Sandslash)
    Sand Veil
    Brave

Rapid Spin
    Stealth Rock
    Gyro Ball
    Earthquake

4HP 252Att 252Def

My preferred lead. I get Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin and Earthquake in one glorious adorable package. Gyro Ball will also shred up a few Pokémon on it's own, after I've minimized Sandslash's speed. Sand Veil sadly gets no use in this team.

Pecha (Typhlosion)
    Blaze
    Modest

Eruption
    Flamethrower
    Will o' Wisp
    Focus Blast

4HP 252SpA 252Spe

Fire Pokemon have no business in OU, normally, but Typhlosion's adorable. It also helps to have a strong Special Attacker to incinerate anything that can actually take a punch. And a speedy Will o' Wisp to leave a lasting impression on enemies who have fury.

Here's where things get sticky, as I've two options to choose from.
    My preference is Jolteon, as another Special Attacker and a revenge sweeper. But Roserade also has a spot I can't deny, as another possible lead with good trap setting capabilities.

Leppa (Jolteon)
    Volt Absorb
    Timid

Charge Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden Power (Ice)
    Shadow Ball

252SpA 4SpD 252Spe

Copied exactly from Smogon, again. But so is Roserade, so oh well. Jolteon is meant to switch in after something dies, outrun in, and rip that last shred of health out from under its... paws. Or whatever it stands on. Preferably with Charge Beam, allowing a boosted Special Attack to cleanly take out whatever comes up next. Hopefully whatever Water types want to plague my team with sadness. I vastly prefer Jolteon over Roserade, given the unreliability of Sleep Powder, but...

Leppa (Roserade)
    Natural Cure
    Timid

Toxic Spikes
    Sleep Powder
    Energy Ball
    Hidden Power (Ice)

4HP 252SpA 252Spe

Even as unreliable as Sleep Powder is, the promise of two layers of Toxic Spikes can cure that uneasiness... As long as it succeeds.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'll assume this is an OU team, and I'll rate it as such.

For Vaporeon, change the EV spread to 244 HP/136 Def/128 Spe. 244 HP EVs give Vaporeon big Substitutes while not increasing the damage it takes from Stealth Rock.

Aggron has a poor defensive typing. While recoil-free Head Smashes seem too good to pass up, Aggron's common weaknesses and low Speed hold it back, making it better for the lower tiers. Heatran can be used in its place to hit hard:
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)/Dragon Pulse
    -Stealth Rock
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

As for Honchkrow, it can easily go mixed with:
    -Brave Bird/Drill Peck
    -Sucker Punch/Night Slash
    -Superpower
    -Heat Wave
    Nature: Naughty/Lonely/Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf

For Typlosion, it doesn't really deserve a spot on the team because, well, Fire by itself is a poor defensive typing, and I already covered Heatran as a Fire Pokemon. A Dragon Pokemon like Dragonite can help here:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Punch/ExtremeSpeed/Roost
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

Back