• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Pokémon Imperial

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2017
    This is the first fan fic I've done, so please send feedback. I decided to only post the prologue and the first chapter for now, since I don't want to post everything if no one will read it. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Anyways, enjoy!

This story follows the adventure of two characters, Matt and Alex. Matt is a boy with brown hair and dark blue eyes and a dark backstory. Alex is a girl with golden hair and bright blue eyes and a history with Matt. Both characters are 16. The story takes place in Kalos, although the evil team is different from Team Flare.

PROLOUGE
    As Matt was eating breakfast at a cafe in a square of a small town, he heard a voice.
    Alex: "Matt? Is that you Matthew?"
    Matt looked in the direction of the voice and saw a blonde girl walking towards him. He was sure he didn't know her, but something about her seemed familiar.
    Alex: "I was right! That is you! I'm surprised I recognized you."
    Matt: "Do I know you?"
    Alex: "You don't recognize me? It's Alex! I haven't seen you in eight years or so, so I guess I can't blame you."
    Matt: "Ah, Alex. Now I remember. How did you recognize me?"
    Alex: "I've only known one person with that shade of blue for their eyes and you looked about my age, so it was a lucky guess. What are you doing on an adventure?"
    Matt: "I'm... uh... collecting badges. I already have four."
    Alex: "Oooh, interesting. What Pokémon do you have?"
    Matt: "I have a Gallade, a Weavile, and a Venusaur."
    Alex: "Wow, that's impressive. So you evolved your Ralts into a Gallade? Mine evolved into a Gardevoir."
    Matt: "...cool."
    Alex: "Gee, you sure are quiet. What happened to the Matt that would talk the ears off a Noivern?"
    Matt: "I guess he's gone now..."
    Alex: "Well hopefully the new Matt is just as fun. You'll be traveling to Lumiose City, correct?"
    Matt: "Yeah... I guess so."
    Alex: "Then it looks like I'm tagging along. No ifs ands or buts."
    Matt: *a small smirk forms at his lips for the first time* "That's the Alex I know..."

CHAPTER 1
    A few days pass and the duo aren't even half way to Lumiose yet. In the middle of the night one day, the two trainers can't sleep so they decide to go for a walk. The two run into a suspicious man with very powerful Pokémon who attacks them on sight.
    Matt: *sending out Gallade* "Swords dance!"
    Mysterious man with an Absol: "Night Slash!"
    Matt: "Use Night Slash!"
    "Absol use Sucker Punch!"
    *Gallade in clear distress*
    Matt: "Hang in there Gallade... you just have to take one more attack. Use Swords Dance!"
    Absol Man: "You clearly are not very smart. Use Night Slash again!" *Gallade is very clearly in pain and cannot take another attack.*
    Matt: "Use Swords Dance!"
    Absol Man: "Kids just don't learn. Night Slash!"
    Alex: "Matt, Gallade is going to get knocked out!"
    Matt: "Just trust me, Alex. I didn't win four badges by being stupid. Now, Gallade, draw it in... Now! Brick Break!"
    Gallade: *with blistering speed hits the Absol and knocks it out.*
    Matt: "I hate these guys... Now get out of here and send a message to your superiors. Tell them 'He is coming.' They'll know."
    The strange man sprints away from the two, and Matt tries to walk back to the tents but his path is blocked by Alex.
    Alex: "I want some answers."
    Matt: "Ask away."
    Alex: "Who was that man? How did you know when to attack? And finally, how do you expect those people to know it's you? You didn't give them a name or anything!"
    Matt: "Good questions. That man... is part of an evil group. They kidnap children and train them to become vicious and unbeatable trainers. As for when to attack, Gallade-"
    Alex: "How do you know that?!"
    Matt: "I fight them a lot. I helped an officer find some of them once and have been fighting them ever since. And to complete my previous thought, Gallade has the Justified ability. It does more damage when attacked by a dark type move. I had to lure it in because Gallade couldn't switch between attacking moves so quickly. And finally, I'm one of the few people who know about them. I'm also the most active person who fights them. I'm sure they'll know."
    Alex: "You're lying."
    Matt: "I swear I'm not lying."
    Alex: "The Matt I know is a terrible liar."
    Matt: "The Matt you knew was 8 years old. We've gone half of our lives without each other, so that argument doesn't say much."
    Alex: "Something bad happened to you."
    Matt: "That's super broad. Bad stuff happens to everybody, so that also invalidates your argument."
    Alex: "The bad thing that happened in my life was you moving away..."
    There's a silence for a bit of time before Matt breaks it.
    Matt: "We should probably get some sleep... it's getting late."
    Alex: "Agreed. Good night, Matt."
    "Good night, Alex."

CHAPTER 2

The rest of the trip to Lumiose is quiet, and the two didn't talk about that night afterwards. When they reach Lumiose City, Matt wants to go to the gym but Alex insists on waiting.
    Alex: "Come on, we traveled all this way. Might as well enjoy the city!"
    Matt: "There's... there's nothing to do here..."
    Alex: "You mean to tell me we are in Kalos's biggest city and there's nothing to do? Go look for a place to eat, I'm calling a hotel and making a reservation. I can't stand sleeping in tents..."

As the two eat in the first cafe that Matt could find, they decide to catch up on the last 8 years of their lives.
    Alex: "So what was life like back in Sinnoh?"
    Matt: "It was more or less the same... the major differences was there was no Kalos Pokémon and there was this evil team called Team Galactic... Have you heard of them?"
    Alex: "I think so. Their leader Cyrus got defeated by a boy, right?"
    Matt: "Yup. That young boy ended up becoming champion. He was my role model ever since."
    Alex: "Nice. So how long have you been in Kalos?"
    Matt: "Since about three months before I turned 16, and I turned 16 two months ago... so 5 months."
    Alex: "Interesting. I always wanted to visit another region. Never really got the chance to... maybe after this one."
    Matt: "Why are you even on this journey, anyways?"
    Alex: "To be honest... I don't really know. I'm not a performer, I'm not a battler, I'm not a stylist or baker... it seems like there's nothing for me. Maybe I'll just meet someone I want to spend the rest of my life with... but honestly who knows?"
    Matt: "There's gotta be something for everybody..."
    Alex: "That's the thing! It seems like there would be, but there's nothing for me. I'm not smart enough to be a doctor or a scientist, working in a cubicle is boring, I'm not artistic or a performer, and I'm not that great of a battler. There's nothing for me."
    Matt: "You'll find something, even if your destiny is nothing at all."
    Alex: "I don't quite understand, but that made me feel better."
    Matt: "Well, I'm stuffed. Now where is this hotel you booked us?"

Back at the hotel, Matt is complaining loudly.
    Matt: "THERE'S NOTHING TO DO!"
    Alex: "Oh boohoo. If we had it your way we would be around the region in a week. Then we'd be bored for MONTHS. And you wouldn't be able to do anything because we wouldn't be in any cities and would have to travel the entire region again."
    Matt: "Yeah, yeah, yeah. So... there's nothing for me to do. Any ideas?"
    Alex: "If you can be patient enough for night, the city comes alive then. That reminds me, do you have any formal wear? We're going to a fancy restaurant for dinner."
    Matt: "No, why would I have formal wear? When am I going to wear a freaking suit on a journey? And why do we have to go to a fancy restaurant?"
    Alex: "Because I said so. And I now know how to fill up the time until night. Get your bag, we're getting you a suit.
    Matt: "I would argue, but I know that I'm going to lose so I surrender. Where do we go?"
    Alex leads Matt down the crowded avenues and streets of Lumiose towards a clothing shop.
    Alex: "Here we are. This place is crazy expensive, but you need a suit."
    Matt: "If it's really that expensive, I'll pay for half."
    Alex: "Offer accepted. Now let's find a suit for you."
    Matt: "You know way more than me, you pick out the suit."
    Alex: "Done. Here's 6, try all of them on."
    Matt: "That was... fast... and why so many?"
    Alex: "Just try them on."
    After Matt tries all of them on, he asks Alex which one to purchase.
    Matt: "So which ones?
    Alex: "Number 2 and 4 are the best, but I think the black is better than the blue."
    Matt: "Number 2 it is. How did this take all day?"
    Alex: "I told you we would be spending the entire day here. Just cut off the tags as I change. The reservation I made is in 20 minutes."
    Matt: "How did you get all of this done and pay for it?"
    Alex: "I had a lot of leftover cash. Also, you spent a lot of time complaining. I basically got everything done and planned out what we're doing in the next few cities."
    Matt groans as he hoped that this would be a one time thing. Alex rolls her eyes and nearly drags him to the restaurant.

The next day, the pair wake up early and head to Prism Tower for Matt's gym battle against Clemont. They arrived early so they didn't have to wait. As Matt walked into the arena, he prepared to face the boy inventor. The referee stated the official rules and the names as always, and the battle was under way.
    Clemont sent out Emolga while Matt started with Weavile.
    Clemont: "Emolga, Quick Attack!"
    Matt: "Weavile, use Swords Dance!"
    Emolga collides with Weavile but it cannot stop Weavile from improving its attack.
    Clemont: "Emolga, use Aerial Ace!"
    Matt: "Use Night Slash!"
    Emolga tried to attack Weavile but could not get close enough because of the Night Slash.
    Clemont: "We can't get close, so we'll get out. Volt Switch!"
    Matt: "Use Ice Punch! I don't want you taking any damage just yet!"
    Emolga is switched out for Magneton and Matt is given the option to switch, which he gladly obliges to.
    Matt: "Weavile, I'll need you later. Go, Venusaur!"
    Clemont: "Magneton, use Mirror Shot!"
    Matt: "Venusaur, match that with Energy Ball!"
    The two attacks collide and bring about a cloud of smoke. Out of the smoke comes Magneton prepared to attack.
    Clemont: "Magneton, use Thunderbolt!"
    Neither Venusaur nor Matt can react fast enough, and Venusaur takes a strong hit despite the resistance.
    Clemont: "Let's make it easier for ourselves and use Electric Terrain!"
    Matt: "Venusaur, use Vine Whip to grab it!"
    Magneton gets the Electric Terrain up but is held in place by Venusaur.
    Matt: "You ready? Alright, charge it up Venusaur! Use the power of the sun!"
    Clemont: "Magneton, use Thunderbolt!"
    Magneton uses the powerful attack on Venusaur, but Venusaur still has enough strength to hold Magneton and keep on fighting.
    Matt: "Now! Use Solar Beam!"
    Clemont: "Use Mirror Shot!"
    Magneton tries to defend itself with Mirror Shot but Solar Beam is too powerful, and it cannot dodge because of the Vine Whip, so it takes the full strength of the attack.
    When the lighting returns to normal, everyone sees that Magneton is knocked out, with Venusaur barely standing.
    "Magneton is unable to battle, Venusaur is the winner!"
    Clemont: "Good try, Magneton. You fought as hard as you could, and that's all I can ask. Go, Emolga!"
    Matt: "Great job, Venusaur. Get a well deserved rest. Come on out, Weavile!"
    Clemont: "Back to where we started, eh? Interesting."
    Matt: "Quite interesting indeed. But not quite enough to keep me from battling, so let's do this!"
    Clemont: "Use Quick Attack!"
    Matt: "Weavile, Swords Dance!"
    Clemont: "These same moves... let's keep with that pattern and use Aerial Ace!"
    Matt: "Weavile, block it!"
    Weavile manages to block most of the damage, but it still takes a little bit.
    Matt: *under breath* "Alright, Weavile. Start charging."
    Clemont: "Quick Attack! Hit and run!"
    Matt: "Not yet Weavile... a little bit more..."
    Clemont: "Alright, Aerial Ace!"
    Matt: "Wait for it... now! Use Ice Punch!"
    Emolga flies right into Weavile's Ice Punch, which it had been preparing for since the past two attacks. Unable to dodge it, Emolga takes the full strength of Weavile's attack, and due to the Swords Dance and other factors, it is knocked out.
    "Emolga is unable to battle! Weavile is the winner!"
    After Emolga is knocked out, the battle field returns to normal.
    Clemont: "Good try, Emolga. Down to the last one, eh? Well with you, we'll win it all, Heliolisk!"
    Matt: "Stay out there Weavile, I plan to win this right now. Use Night Slash!"
    Clemont: "Dodge it and use Quick Attack!"
    Heliolisk jumps behind Weavile and attacks from there.
    Clemont: "Alright, use Grass Knot!"
    Matt: "Weavile try and jump!"
    Weavile isn't fast enough to get off the ground, however, and the attack keeps it stuck to the ground.
    Clemont: "Finish it with Quick Attack!"
    Matt: "Night Slash!"
    Heliolisk connects with Weavile knocking it out, but Weavile did a little bit of damage with the Night Slash, which could prove crucial.
    "Weavile is unable to battle, Heliolisk is the winner!"
    Matt: "Good job, Weavile. I had hoped that Gallade would get a rest, but I think he's itching to fight. I won't keep it from him, so let's go, Gallade!"
    Clemont: "A Gallade is your final Pokémon, eh? Impressive. But as a gym leader, I have to do my best to make you work for this badge. I just hope it's a good battle."
    Matt: "As do I. Now let's get this underway, shall we? Use Swords Dance!"
    Clemont: "This might be risky, but use Quick Attack!"
    Matt: "Those Guerrilla tactics are your style, huh? Well we've been battling too defensive for my tastes. Let's wrap it up quickly, Gallade. Use Leaf Blade!"
    Clemont: "Heliolisk, use Quick Attack to dodge!"
    Heliolisk runs around the field evading Gallade, eventually running behind it.
    Clemont: "Perfect, use Thunderbolt!"
    Matt: "Jump to dodge!"
    Gallade barely jumps in time to avoid getting zapped.
    Matt: "Use Brick Break on the ground and hit up some sand!"
    While Gallade does just that, Heliolisk just stands there watching intently.
    Clemont: "Use Thunderbolt in that dust cloud!"
    Matt: "Dodge it and use Brick Break!"
    Gallade does a back flip to get behind Heliolisk and hits it with a strong attack, sending Heliolisk sliding.
    Matt: "Alright, finish it with Brick Break!"
    Clemont: "Heliolisk, use Grass Knot!"
    Heliolisk can barely move, but it gets the Grass Knot off, prolonging the battle a little bit longer.
    Clemont: "Use Thunderbolt!"
    Matt: "Chop the grass with Psycho Cut and dodge!"
    While the Thunderbolt draws closer to Gallade, it cuts itself free and tries to dodge. Unfortunately, it is still hit hard by the attack and stays down.
    Matt: "Come on Gallade! Get up, please!"
    Seeing Matt in such desperation, Alex is for the first time, nervous. She keeps on hoping that Gallade will get back up and win the battle. Hearing the desperate tone in Matt's voice, Gallade rises to the occasion. Both Pokémon are so weak that one attack will probably knock them out.
    Clemont: "Use Quick Attack!"
    Matt: "Gallade, use Brick Break!"
    Clemont: "Jump and use Thunderbolt!"
    As Heliolisk dodges Gallade's attack, it twists to attack straight from the air.
    Matt: "Use Psycho Cut to get rid of the electricity and use Brick Break on the Heliolisk before it lands!"
    Thanks to the Swords Dance, Gallade's attack is strong enough to dismiss the Thunderbolt. As Heliolisk sees Gallade dismiss the attack, its eyes widen with terror as it realizes that it has lost the battle. Gallade's attack connects solidly, and Heliolisk is sent flying and lands at Clemont's feet.
    "Heliolisk is unable to battle! The winner is Gallade, which means the victor is Matthew!"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    You have the beginning of a good story. The plot is interesting to me, to find out who this team is that kidnaps children and how they've managed to stick around this long. Plus to see what connection they have to Matt and if it's related to his past.

The thing that hurts this story is the script format. You can write in script format. It's just that the bareness you have here makes the story move by way too fast. It's just dialogue with no real characterization, and the scene setting is non-existent. If you work on that, then the story would be better because the readers can get into it more.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2017
    You have the beginning of a good story. The plot is interesting to me, to find out who this team is that kidnaps children and how they've managed to stick around this long. Plus to see what connection they have to Matt and if it's related to his past.

The thing that hurts this story is the script format. You can write in script format. It's just that the bareness you have here makes the story move by way too fast. It's just dialogue with no real characterization, and the scene setting is non-existent. If you work on that, then the story would be better because the readers can get into it more.

Thanks so much for the feedback! I will try to apply this while writing future chapters.

Years
  • Ok so after a long hiatus I am back to writing. Unfortunately, during the hiatus I couldn't log back into my account so I created this one. Chapter 3 is now here, and I would also like to say that Chapter 4 won't be in a script format. I think this would help me write better and more efficiently. And now Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3
    As Matthew collects his badge, he hears the sound of a man clapping.
    Professor Sycamore: "Fantastic battle! I could feel the emotion during the fight!"
    Matthew: "Professor Sycamore. Hello."
    Sycamore: "Hello, young man. You must be Matthew. Pleased to meet you."
    Matthew: "I would say the same, but my Venusaur here was a Bulbasaur when I found him. He was abandoned by a trainer who received him from you, so you can imagine that I would be less than ecstatic to be standing in front of you right now."
    Sycamore: "Alas, I do not get to choose who gets a Pokémon, the Pokémon League does. If it were up to me, some people would never receive a Pokémon, but I don't get to make those decisions. I wish I could make at least a few however. Would you like to come to my lab? I have a few things I would like to give you, and I can heal your Pokémon. Besides, there is something quite interesting that I would like to talk to you about."
    Matthew looks at Alex
    Matthew: "Is that alright?"
    Alex: "Fine with me."
    As the three travel back to the professor's lab, Sycamore explains his research area.
    Sycamore: "As you may know, I study Mega Evolution. The reason I want to bring you to-"
    Matthew: "Mega Evolution? What is that?"
    Sycamore: "You don't know? Well allow me to explain. Mega Evolution is something applicable to a select few Pokémon. Mega Evolution is when a fully evolved Pokémon evolves further, but only for a single battle. It requires that the trainer has a keystone and the Pokémon is holding its respective mega stone. It just so happens that your Gallade can mega evolve. Your Venusaur can too, but it's clear that Gallade is the one which you are most comfortable with."
    Matthew: "Interesting. And you are just going to give this to me?"
    Sycamore: "Yes, but I need you to help me with something in return. My researchers have a theory that there are multiple mega stones for each Pokémon, and that a mega stone is just a chunk of an even larger mega stone. Our theory is that if this stone exists, it could double, triple, quadruple, even multiply a Pokémon's power tenfold. This power comes with a price though, and that is that the Pokémon loses control. This state is called Hyper Evolution, and as you can imagine, would be incredibly dangerous. This is all theoretical, but I want you to collect one of every mega stone out there so that no one can create one of these stones."
    Matthew: "Interesting... I accept this proposal. There does not seem to be a downside for me. I gain a mega stone for Gallade and I help prevent something that could potentially be dangerous if true?"
    Sycamore: "Well, we are here. Allow me to go and retrieve the mega bracelet I just recently received and the Galladite.
    Alex: "So you're gonna be collecting both badges and mega stones? You have your work cut out for you."
    Matthew: "Not to mention that evil organization. This journey could be longer than anticipated."
    Sycamore is collecting the stone and bracelet when he notices something peculiar.
    Sycamore: "That's strange. I could swear I had a Pinsirite right here. I must be losing my marbles. Or losing my stones."
    He chuckles at his own terrible pun as he walks back to give the items to Matt.
    Matt clicked on the bracelet as Professor Sycamore handed him an armband with the Galladite in it.
    Sycamore: "Give this to your Gallade. It should fit right on it's arm and enable it to use mega evolution."
    Matthew: "I just have one question. Why are you trusting me with a mission as important as this one?"
    Sycamore: "I watched your battle with Clemont earlier, and I was quite impressed. That is not the only reason, however. I like to keep in touch with some gym leaders, and they've told me of a challenger with your Pokémon. A Gallade, a Sneasel or Weavile, and an Ivysaur or Venusaur. They all said that the way you commanded your Pokémon was incredible, and that you defeated them with ease. And because of that, I trust you with a mission as important as this one. Does this answer satisfy you?"
    Matthew: "I suppose it does, although it does not make much sense to me."
    Matthew called out Gallade and give it the arm band
    Matt: "This is gonna help us get stronger and beat those guys, so I suggest you put this on."
    Once Gallade put on the arm band, the duo of Alex and Matt said goodbye to the professor. When they leave, Sycamore goes to check on the mega stones.
    Sycamore: "Excuse me, Jolene? Do you know where the Pinsirite is?"
    Jolene (the professor's assistant): "No, sir. It should be right where you left it. Any particular reason why?"
    Sycamore: "No, I must just be getting forgetful in my age..."

Back