• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which pc games and ports took you forever to install?

Years
  • Right now i have waited until night to just finally install "DOOM (2016)", is an game that now it had finally ended installation, gonna try it out, remember that gta iv and v didn't affected me in file size as much as this game, re4 also didn't affected me either.
    Waiting the game to end it's installation is always something that makes me wanna play it even more and also boring the waiting, but rewarding.
    What about you, what games you struggled to wait it's long and boring download?
    EDIT: Sadly, doom (2016) didn't even opened, because my computer is full intel hd graphics (graphic card and processor), not an nvidia or amd graphic card, so i gived up.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Basically all Steam games fits the bill. Mostly anyway. Sure, there are files and what not but Steam should seriously consider speeding up the process a little. And when it comes to non-Steam games, look no further. Anyone why struggled installing the thing to a playable state will know why.

Years
  • Anything that takes more than 2 hours feels like an incredibly long time to me.
    And the only thing i do to wait that LOOOOOONG time, it's to pause the torrent of the game when i go to bed to sleep, and then wake up to wait again, at waiting it i play some games when it finishes the download.
    Basically all Steam games fits the bill. Mostly anyway. Sure, there are files and what not but Steam should seriously consider speeding up the process a little. And when it comes to non-Steam games, look no further. Anyone why struggled installing the thing to a playable state will know why.

Agreed.

Years
  • GTA Vice City took quite a while to install on my laptop, and no matter what I tried I couldn't get it to work.

I think I'll download a ROM next time!

You will need a ps2 emulator like PCSX2 to run the rom.
    But i am really thinking you have installed it as a torrent or is an portable game (portable i mean, doens't have to do anything just hit install and be happy).
    I recommend using steam if you want this game.

Years
  • You will need a ps2 emulator like PCSX2 to run the rom.
    But i am really thinking you have installed it as a torrent or is an portable game (portable i mean, doens't have to do anything just hit install and be happy).
    I recommend using steam if you want this game.

Already downloaded it a while back, just haven't got round to setting it all up.

The copy of Vice City was the official PC disk, I have that and the GTA III one too.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    The connection to my desktop is pretty strange, it fluctuates a lot and sometimes I'll get a passable 3mbs download speed, and sometimes it will slow to an incredible crawl of some-kbs.

So, most downloads of decent-to-larger games tend to take a really long time :((

Years
  • The connection to my desktop is pretty strange, it fluctuates a lot and sometimes I'll get a passable 3mbs download speed, and sometimes it will slow to an incredible crawl of some-kbs.

So, most downloads of decent-to-larger games tend to take a really long time :((

Oh, i feel bad for you download speed D:

Back