• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Pokemon return like it was before?

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
  • I feel like Gen I was a great game and has those nostalgic feels for sure - but there are so many features which were introduced in later generations which just blow it out of the water.

Gen II & III are probably my favourites in terms of pokemon design, graphics, and story-line.

Gen IV was good, but I wasn't in love with it like the previous games. Gen V was a disaster, I didn't finish my version of White and I never bought W2. The graphics were appalling and I simply couldn't look at it. (HAHAHH, I know, such a trivial reason.. But I felt like the graphics were a step backwards).

Gen VI and VII have been amazing. I love the new design and movement style - my only complaint was the excessive cut scenes in VII.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Gen V was a disaster, I didn't finish my version of White and I never bought W2. The graphics were appalling and I simply couldn't look at it. (HAHAHH, I know, such a trivial reason.. But I felt like the graphics were a step backwards).
    You should give BW2 a try. The first games were meh but the second are amazing.

Also I love Gen 5's graphics but I guess that's just personal preference.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
    Years
  • You should give BW2 a try. The first games were meh but the second are amazing.

Also I love Gen 5's graphics but I guess that's just personal preference.

You're right, I probably should. I was just so put off by the pixel-ly designs in BW (in battle, mind you - the overall world was nice) that I never went and got the sequel.

Back