• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monster Rancher

Registeel

The Ultimate Regi
Years
Howdy!

Does anyone else here like Monster Rancher games and the TV show?
I loved them!

But over here, only one monster rancher game is out(no more coming),
and they took the TV show off cable TV!

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 24, 2004
I suppose, but it is both manga and game, so its best in entertaiment, or the lcub section XD. Also, please do not type swear words, its gets on my nerves and evne if it is *ed out, little kids could see it, after all this is a pokemon forum :p

I like MOCHIE! <--- My New Words

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
I remember it being on at 6:30 in the morning after pokemon got promoted to saturdays or something...I forget what I thought about it, I was just so tired every time I watched it x_x I know I laughed every time I heard "Mysterious Master Moo" :P

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
Yeah, monster rancher was great, I have the gba game monster rancher 2, what ever happened to monster rancher 1, it never came out over here.

I did see the ps1 game but I wasn't into monter rancher then, and when I was none of the shops were selling it anymore.

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 24, 2004
that was bad for the PSX. The gba even had better graphics! XD

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
Years
Monster Rancher was actually the first anime that got me into anime...Pokemon came right after. I remember I used to watch it on FOX Kids after school everyday. It was cool...that was way back before I knew it was a Japanese cartoon. I liked Genki, Mochi, and I forgot the girl's name...but I liked her, too! ^_^

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
Years
  • Age 35
  • Uk.
  • Seen Dec 31, 2005
I read somewhere before that there were 2 ps1 monter rancher games, and 2 ps2 games, but I only ever saw one, so the rest of them must never have made it into the U.K, I think that monster rancher was very under rated, I wish they still showed it on t.v though

And yeah, genki was cool XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
This goes in Other Anime/Manga. ^_^ *moves*

I used to watch Monster Rancher every so often when it was still on. @_@; I lost interest after a while, though. @_@ I liked Tiger, even though it annoyed me whenever he was arrogant.

Oh, and the girl's name was Holly. :o

Last edited:

darktrainer16

Ultimate Dark Trainer
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 9, 2004
I really liked the tv show but i never really knew what the games were about.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
If anyone wants any info on season's 3-6 which never aired in american here it is.
Monster Rancher: Revolutins (Season3)
Season 3 was the shortest with only 6 episodes it was pretty good and had a ok storyline about a Grand Tournement where whoever wins gets one wish. Well Genki get's a invite to a MR tournement. He goes and on the way there he think's he see's a girl that look's like holly he goes after her to see if it's her and she keep's slipping away from him unitll he finally cathc'es her and it turns out to be a monster it say's you have been chosen for the battle a gatway then opens the monster dissappers genki enters it and on the other side he see's a baby moochi a diffrent one from the one he knew. It takes a while for them to get use to each other but they do. There is a main bad guy named Abrah he is a half monster half human he is trying to win the battle so he can fuse the two words and take over the human world. Umm... I wont spoil the rest, it's just basically a tournement show.

Monster Rancher: 75 (season 4)
Now this is the best out of the 6 it has great art music and sotyline's, best of all it's so friggen DARK.
It has been 6 years since the grand tournement and a new evil is trying to destory both worlds. He was created out of the energey left over from the black disk. He feel's that everything is useless and that the world had cursed him by craeting him so he is going to try to end the world. He has to destroy something called the " Ion booster heart" to get his goal the heart is a black stone in the shap of a arrow. It's the longest of the 6 season's with 87 episodes...more later!

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Nope that's season 3 I thinki it is have to go watch my dvd and make sure -__-;;

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Spoiler

It turned out that the 4 monsters...moochi,tiger,hair, swazo, each had a part of the soul of the phoneix so they give up their life to revive the phoniex...the battle was really lame though.

Back