• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: PokeScape

Years
  • I'm currently looking for someone to help me insert music & someone to help me insert some more tilesets.
    (I have the midi's already made & Sprites)

DyBSUEn.png
    INTRODUCTION
    UJC1uJ4.png

Hello everyone I am Demonheadge.
    As I am nearing a demo for PokeScape I thought it would be best to make a thread to let people know my current progress!
    I have worked on many things to keep me occupied while playing Runescape ranging from Runescape Machinima Videos , Drawing and a bit of Game Programming here and there.

This last project I was working on was known simply as 2D-Scape.
    It was a game I made in GameMaker and it made it's way to the ALPHA-BETA Stage before I stopped working on that project.

Now I am back working on a new project!
    Vq2vE7x.png

cfcHyw9.png
    ABOUT THE GAME
    CaLeWhe.png

This game is a hack of Pokemon FireRed for the GBA and is playable on emulators!
    You can trade between this game and the non-hacked versions if you wish.
    The hack is based off the popular MMO Runescape.
    All "Pokemon" will be changed into Runescape Monsters/Pets with all new moves & stats.
    There are currently 90+ RuneMons!
    Runescape humor!
    Ride on a Terrorbird and catch some shrimp with a net!!
    All NPC's are going to be named after Players or a character in Runescape, by contributing you might get added into the game!

VBft4Ic.png
    STORYLINE
    lkUtdSG.png

The goal of the game consists of obtained all gym badges and becoming the Champion!
    Along the way there will be many Quests to keep you side tracked and the main story will keep you wondering what will happen next!

H.A.M (Humans Against Monsters) wish to rid the world of all RuneMons!
    To achieve their goal they are trying to learn everything they can about the mysterious Abyss.
    Signature heroes and iconic Runescape Figures will accompany you on your adventure!

DskoWgC.png
    MEDIA
    7iadT6z.png

Screenshots
    Spoiler:

RuneMons
    Spoiler:

MUSIC
    Spoiler:

PROGRESS
    Music - 5% - (I have some Music I just need someone to help me implement it)
    Sprites (Overworld) - 80% - (I have almost finished all of the Overworld Sprites)
    Sprites (Tileset) - ???% - (I have done a lot of tiles I just need to convert and insert them)
    Sprites (RuneMons) - 100% - (I have completed all of the RuneMons needed for the demo)
    Demo Progress - 90% - (Demo = Tutorial Island - Draynor)

CREDITS
    Demonheadge
    HyperStan - Spriter and Moral support!
    RuneScape Reorchestrated - Music​

Want to help?
    I don't have much time to work on PokeScape lately and I really want to finish this romhack.
    So if you would like to help I need someone to help me implement music and maybe a few tiles.

FOLLOW ME
    I regularly post to my Twitter account so if you want to keep updated on the project be sure to check weekly!​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2020
    Hey man ! Big fan of runescape and loving your work so far, for your list of runemon however, saradomin is misspelled as saaadomin? Love your tiles , did you make them yourself?

Years
  • Hey man ! Big fan of runescape and loving your work so far, for your list of runemon however, saradomin is misspelled as saaadomin? Love your tiles , did you make them yourself?

Ah, yes, that's an older image of the RuneMons I just haven't had the time to update it. :P
    It is an R but its very hard to tell zoomed out haha, I see what you mean though. :P

I had help with most of the tiles by a fantastic guy called HyperStan!
    This whole project has mainly been a colab between me and HyperStan.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • I was never too big into Runescape, but this does sound really interesting. From the screenshots, it looks really nice too and it's not just a hack where all the sprites are replaced and that's it. I'll definitely try out the demo when it comes out.

Years
  • I was never too big into Runescape, but this does sound really interesting. From the screenshots, it looks really nice too and it's not just a hack where all the sprites are replaced and that's it. I'll definitely try out the demo when it comes out.

I'm also planning to add some form of the skills into the game too. Starting with cooking for the demo.

Years
  • I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out, hopefully you don't abandon the project like everyone else.

Years
  • I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out, hopefully you don't abandon the project like everyone else.

I've been working slowly on this for months now. I am NEVER going to abandon it. It just might take me a while to complete it.
    I am looking for help to speed things up though.

e.g. someone who can insert new songs and someone who can help speed up tileset insertion.

Years
  • I'm currently looking for someone to help me insert music (I have the midi's already made) & someone to help me insert some more tilesets.

SidDays

Professional Lurker
    Years
  • I haven't played RuneScape, but this hack looks fresh and exciting nonetheless. Can't wait!

Back