• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ancient Mew

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    ^^^What he said^^^

Most acient mews came with an extra card giving a rough translation detailing HP, retreat cost ect. I believe they called it's attack psyache iirc

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Just by comparing the symbols to the letters that they should be, it's not difficult to translate the card. You know what letters should be M, E, W, A, K, N, E, S, R, I, T, C, & O just by looking at the name, weakness, resistance, & retreat cost. It's pretty simple to put it together after that.

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    ancient mew is common where i live its attacks are just like a ergular mew card so just use those moves and damage and energy its not that hard

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Most acient mews came with an extra card giving a rough translation detailing HP, retreat cost ect. I believe they called it's attack psyache iirc

The card included didn't give a rough translation of the Ancient Mew card. It was a "What Can Ancient Mew Do?" card on which you could write the translation yourself, if you knew what it was. I remember some people used to think that you could make up the information, send the card in, & Nintendo would send you back a Mew card with your information. I also remember that some people thought it had 1,000 or infinite HP, but they were wrong.

ancient mew is common where i live its attacks are just like a ergular mew card so just use those moves and damage and energy its not that hard

Actually, Ancient Mew does not have the same attacks as a regular Mew card. It has 1 attack called Psyche which does 40 damage for 2 Psychic Energy. It also has 30 HP, has a Psychic type & weakness, no resistance, and a x2 retreat cost (which sucks in my opinion, since its HP is so low).

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    Kinda like Birthday Pikachu...how do we know it's your Birthday? How do we know you know what it says?
    Anyways, I kinda figured it out myself. Although I didn't know the symbols in the picture (the picture of mew) meant...so that's interesting.

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    Wow, I'd say that'd be what it looked like, add the species, illustrator, level, set and number to it and it'd pass as a pokemon card. Cool

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • I have it.. But I dont know how i got it.. O.o
    Its when u go see the 2nd movie right??

Yep I remember exactly when I got mine, December 22, 2000 when the second Pokémon movie came out in the UK! (It was my 10th birthday, I'm not usually that good with dates...) Seeing as my entire family went to see it we ended up with 5 ancient Mew cards, which I traded off to kids who couldn't get to see it in the cinema!

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    wotc allows it to be used... btw, if we use it, can we have 4 ancient mew & 4 mew at the same time?

Lucar10

Record for Longest Hiatus
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    Ancient Mew does 90 damage with Psychic and has 420 HP (you will thank me one day)

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • I don't remember where I got mine but it turns out it's a sticker or something...it peels right off. I never peeled it all the way off cuzza obvious reasons...but the attacks sound right. The symbols are easy to read. My friends always thought Ancient Mew was the coolest thing, and they praised me for having it. Which is why I didn't show them the sticker thing XD

Back