• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fake Cards

Years
  • My friend has A LOT of Pokemon Cards. He also has some fake cards that his cousin bought in Canada. There are lots of freaky ones. For example, there was a Kadabra card that had a picture of what apperaed to be a Croconaw! O_o

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
  • Oh yes, those cards can be pretty weird. Like Vulpix, instead of 50 HP it is HP 50, the Japanese version. I think that they never corrected it and it is still like that today.

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
  • Firequill said:
    My friend has a dugtrio card and the printing isn't the right font... and the element symbol doesnt look right.
    Yes, some cards have those errors, but that doesn't mean they're fake. For example, all Machamp card are holographic and first edition; they were never changed. But others were changed, and some were not, like sometimes you'll have two Vulpix cards with one HP error and one correct one.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • heh, i remember seeing cards that were fully holographic (this is back when the base set came out) but then i realised they were fake because the backs were very faded, and i think they may have been stickers, but im not too sure :P.

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    i have some fake cards the backs are purple instead of blue and the writing is all blury

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • fudge01 said:
    i have some fake cards the backs are purple instead of blue and the writing is all blury

yeah, thats what the fake cards i was talking abouts backs were like :P

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
  • Aviex said:
    heh, i remember seeing cards that were fully holographic (this is back when the base set came out) but then i realised they were fake because the backs were very faded, and i think they may have been stickers, but im not too sure :P.

Yes, There ARE stickers. And I have a few. [Aerodactyl, Pidgeot, Skiploom] Anyway, there are also the photo-copied ones, the front is not so blury but the back is a blury purple. Fake indeed, stupid friends won't admit it since they got so many! :P

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I've got quite alot of fake cards.
    One of them is a Blastoise with a Pikachu
    in the backround ready to shock him.
    And it's attacks are all -10HP

aki1

forget your fears
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Some idiot tried to trade me a fake card one time. Haha. XD

DeathMetal Anarchist

Pokecommmunity's Odd One
    Years
  • I made this card with MS paint!

Baby_Mewtwo.jpg

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    i have seen the border/picture shinny on some cards not e-cards though
    i wonder if these are fake or shinny ones?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2013
    I have tons of fake cards but i got this one butterfree card from the jungle set i think its and error but instead of first edition it says d edition card really weird.

Back