• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pok?mon XD: Darkness Beyond Time [Dead]

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It's looking good! As for demo suggestions, second gym maybe?

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
    Years
  • Update:
    I've finally completed the first demo for the game. You can download it from the first post. I've provided a form here for you to provide feedback so I can work to improve the game for the next demo. I hope you enjoy it!

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    I can't play the game. Please help :D. Whenever I start the game it says:

"Unable to find file:
    Error occurred, check the debug console for mor information."

What should I do?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2016
    Nice that you are so open to suggestion. I see comments that the demo has bug so I am going to wait. How far does the first demo go? Thanks

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Currently unable to play the game due to a bug upon opening the game
    "unable to find file: "
    Error occurred, check the debug console for more information

The game is telling it's missing a file that isn't named

Crystal Noel

Years
  • I can't play the game. Please help :D. Whenever I start the game it says:

"Unable to find file:
    Error occurred, check the debug console for mor information."

What should I do?

Currently unable to play the game due to a bug upon opening the game
    "unable to find file: "
    Error occurred, check the debug console for more information

The game is telling it's missing a file that isn't named

Thank you for telling me. I've fixed the issue Sorry that it took a while to get it up, but I had to repackage the demo to get it to work. It's unfortunate that the encrypted archive function on RPG Maker VX Ace doesn't seem to work if you add additional folders.

Nice that you are so open to suggestion. I see comments that the demo has bug so I am going to wait. How far does the first demo go? Thanks

Thank you, I'm a huge proponent that the best way to edit something is to have other people look at it and see if anything seems wrong. The demo goes up to an encounter with Cipher immediately following the second gym. It's effectively the game's first full length, multi-floor dungeon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    I think you need to fix the links. The base game and audio links both link to the sound file, and the card sprites as well

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    I can't start the game btw. Just nothing comes up when I click on it. I've tried running as admin but no luck as well. Maybe I put the RTP in wrong, but idk. I didn't download the sprites, but I guess that shouldn't stop the game from starting anyway.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    When I fight a Error message Script 'selecting algorithm' line 1547: NoMethodError occurred. Error occurred, check the debug console for more information

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    Still isn't working (game starts but than it says error ocurred again). Guess I'll have to wait till it's progress is near finish or so.

Crystal Noel

Years
  • I can't start the game btw. Just nothing comes up when I click on it. I've tried running as admin but no luck as well. Maybe I put the RTP in wrong, but idk. I didn't download the sprites, but I guess that shouldn't stop the game from starting anyway.

I changed the link, so it should take you directly to the download for RPG Maker VX Ace to avoid confusion. Also by this, do you mean that there's a black screen when the game starts up or does the game window not open at all?

Still isn't working (game starts but than it says error ocurred again). Guess I'll have to wait till it's progress is near finish or so.

Could you post a screenshot of your game folder for me. Just so I can make sure you compiled it right.

When I fight a Error message Script 'selecting algorithm' line 1547: NoMethodError occurred. Error occurred, check the debug console for more information

Could you please explain the circumstances as to how you got the error. I would like to know the specific trainer you were fighting and what Pokémon were on the field at the time.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    The error happened in the grass I was fighting a wild Pokemon and that before facing the first trainer of the game.

Crystal Noel

Years
  • The error happened in the grass I was fighting a wild Pokemon and that before facing the first trainer of the game.

I've just fixed that. Go to the main page and download the patch, extract its contents and copy them into the game's folder.

I have a new idea that I want to throw out there, and I want some opinions on it. The idea is to add horde encounters into the game. Do you guys think that I should go back and add them to the locations that are already visible, or should I start adding them only to new locations?

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
    Years
  • I've just fixed that. Go to the main page and download the patch, extract its contents and copy them into the game's folder.

I have a new idea that I want to throw out there, and I want some opinions on it. The idea is to add horde encounters into the game. Do you guys think that I should go back and add them to the locations that are already visible, or should I start adding them only to new locations?

Add them to the ones already visible.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    I just found a new little bug, my pokemon is k.o and I'm in the grass and a wild pokemon appears and instead it's my 2nd pokemon emerged that this is the one that appears k.o. Here is the error: Script 'Skill Selecting Algorithm' line 1327: NoMethodError occurred.

Crystal Noel

Years
  • I just found a new little bug, my pokemon is k.o and I'm in the grass and a wild pokemon appears and instead it's my 2nd pokemon emerged that this is the one that appears k.o. Here is the error: Script 'Skill Selecting Algorithm' line 1327: NoMethodError occurred.

I should have fixed that. Download the patch and copy all the files over and you should be good.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2016
    The patch has changed you since you have announced ? If not , I have already put the patch and the concern is present when you have a pokemon ko first, and he faces a wild pokemon .

Crystal Noel

Years
  • The patch has changed you since you have announced ? If not , I have already put the patch and the concern is present when you have a pokemon ko first, and he faces a wild pokemon .

Yes, I have changed the patch, which is also needed to fix a bug where the game wouldn't register you as having the second badge.

Back